Joe Vitale wrote an excellent book called Hypnotic Writing. I love that phrase because it so vividly describes what we all should be attempting to do when communicating in text. Here then is one of my models for hypnotic writing….
I would venture to guess that if you take advantage of the information I am about to reveal to you…you will nearly double your response from your sales and writing efforts.
Remember the movie from the 1930’s where Gary Cooper played the presidential candidate who was portrayed as an every day John Doe? If you don’t, you can rent the movie “Meet John Doe” and be in for a real treat. Until then, here is who John Doe is in the 21st century. You are selling your ideas, products and services to John every day…so you may as well meet him (and his dear friend Jane Doe).
- In general people aren’t as satisfied as they could be.
- Most people only have a moderate amount of self esteem.
- Two thirds of women and one third of men don’t like the way they look in a mirror.
- Nearly everyone worries and has a deep-seated fear of rejection.
- Almost everyone is afraid to grow old.
- Virtually everyone has a fear of death.
- Almost everyone works to avoid pain and once in pain will do what it takes to get out of pain.
- People don’t have time to be smart shoppers and they don’t comparison shop that much.
- When people get their mind set on something, they want it NOW. (As a rule, people will not delay gratification!)
- Most people still perceive credit cards as not being equal to real money.
- People want to make decisions that will make them look good to OTHERS.
That’s just a thumbnail sketch of a few of John and Jane’s traits. They are universal because we have all evolved from roughly the same gene pool and in some transactions tend to respond similarly in social exchanges. In other words…people are somewhat predictable.
Realizing this, how do we sell to John Doe and how do we market to him? How do we make use of the information used by the largest advertising firms in the world on our shoestring budgets?
Once we know what our prospects’ needs, wants and desires are, we can use this information to prepare a message that firmly impresses upon the mind how we can help them. We can clearly show our prospects how they will feel better, get out of pain and look like they make great decisions to the people in their peer group.
Here is a good model for you hypnotic writers to latch onto and make your own:
- Paint a clear picture for your reader and bring it up real close. It needs to show this: What you presently have, who you presently are, or how you presently feel is not satisfactory. ==> You can do, have, or be more and FEEL better!
- Product/idea/service X helps MANY PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU get that result.
- Try it once. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- Other people will respect you and like you more for using this product/idea/service.
- IMAGINE your future as you deserve it to be. You can REACH YOUR DREAMS and achieve your goals if you use this product/idea/service.
- This product/idea/service is guaranteed so you can feel secure in making a decision NOW.
- To take advantage of this product/idea/service, call/write now because only Y number of people will be allowed to participate. Here’s all you have to do…
Now, obviously not all marketing messages use this model or all components of it. But, based on the market research I have done, this model appeals to John Doe. Research reveals that John and Jane DO act NOW when responding to this model!
Now it’s up to you. How can YOU implement this model in your sales or business and WILL you start today or wait until tomorrow?
Covert Hypnosis: An Advanced Course in Subtle Unconscious Influence The Master’s Secrets Revealed! (Vol. 1 – 8)
“This is THE advanced course in subtle influence! Remember when you read Covert Hypnosis: An Operator’s Manual, and you got that WOW! feeling inside?! Well, that was just the beginning. In Covert Hypnosis: The Master’s Secret Revealed, you are going to learn how to subtly move inside the minds of anyone you communicate with. In trance or out…this is the most powerful material on Covert Hypnosis on the planet. Period.” Kevin Hogan, Psy.D.
In CD 1, Kevin Hogan reveals specifically the secrets of how to weave the exact messages you want others to act upon into stories that captivate listeners.
CDs 2 & 3 show you how to motivate and compel other people to change their behavior as quickly as is humanly possible. Benefit: You can utilize these covert tools with your own unconscious mind because they link into the core drives and desires that you have!
CD 4 reveals ALL 22 elements of Covert Hypnosis for this first time anywhere! Never before released by anyone, anywhere. The complete Covert Hypnosis Model for change is here. Business? Sales? Consulting? Coaching? Therapy? Learn specifically how to generate change in their thinking with the Covert Hypnosis Model.
CD 5 gives you all the tools necessary to take a person’s deepest drives (sex, eating, acquisition, connection, etc.) and fuse them into building compelling outcomes (the girl of your dreams, lose weight, acquire wealth, meet new people easily). Ignore either aspect, and failure is assured. Successfully meld the two in the unconscious mind and amazing things can happen.
CD 6—Pattern Recognition: Getting someone to think about something is one thing. Getting someone to feel driven to DO something and then watch them do it like magic is something else entirely. Learn so much in just this one CD!!!
CD 7 – This is 2003 neuroscience and research that reveals how to rewire the brain. Some neuroscientists call it “sculpting.” It’s not something that happens instantly and it requires the use of both hemispheres which can be pretty tricky if you don’t know what you are doing.
CD 8 – You are going to learn some unique techniques in the eighth volume of Covert Hypnosis. Not only are you going to learn the truth about values (when they are critical and when they are MEANINGLESS) but you are going to discover the values of the unconscious mind! The unconscious mind and conscious mind do not correlate to each other but they both correlate to the behavior of every person you meet.
Intrigued? Discover the secrets to what separates Covert Hypnosis from every other compliance technology Discover what even the experts don’t know about how the mind interacts with the unconscious mind.