The Power of Influence – Dr. Kevin Hogan – Palace of Parliament, Bucharest, Romania
There are three factors that no one learns in sales, entrepreneurs and those in fields where gaining compliance is critical.
Kevin Hogan, Psy.D. will first take you through the most important aspects of body language. You’ll first learn the “universals.” These are body language cues, gestures, that are generally consistent across culture. You’ll first see how to read the body language signals and then be shown how to formulate an impression with your own body language cues and gestures.
Then Kevin will show you specific body language impression management for dealing with people outside of Romania. This portion of the module will help you increase your revenue and trigger liking and trust in others.
Did you know the average person lies 3 times in a 15-minute conversation? You’ll learn the basics of how to detect deception with body language. It can be particularly important to understand deception now that you will be able to see it, and how to respond so as to still make the sale, or her “yes.”
The second module today will detail the most important aspects of nonverbal communication in influencing others to your way of thinking.
Nonverbal communication is all other silent communication that is not body language. This is the choice of rooms, choice of seating, use of space, knowing what floor of a building to ask a question, deciding where to ask for “yes” and WHEN. The color of a wall and the background sounds can easily make or break a “yes” into a “no” instantly and without the ability to change the instant decision. Do you know what kind of a drink to offer your potential client or relationship partner? Some drinks almost guarantee a no response. Others make “yes” easy. No one ever talks about these aspects of gaining agreement, yet they determine the majority of answers!
The third module of the day will cover the most important and the latest research in persuasion and influence. We need the latest to have an edge over the competition. We need the best to know what we should really be using to gain agreement. You’ll also learn how to overcome resistance and reactance. The other person WILL BE resistant to you when they first meet you. YOU must bring the wall down FIRST THEN trigger identification, gain empathy and ask the right question and hear the RIGHT story from the other person long before you can ask for “yes.” I will lay it out for you step by step for different contexts.
What else will you learn today in the Power of Influence?
By the end of the day, you’ll know when to set appointments and when to have those appointments. I’ll show you the days of the week and hours of the day. If you learn just this, you’ll grow your business dramatically.
- WHERE – You’ll know where to meet people to increase the probability of hearing “yes.”
- Where to stand and sit. Whether at a boardroom table or a meeting in a big hall or event room, you’ll learn where you need to sit AND where the others need to be as well.
- You’ll find out why walking up the stairs while talking can make or break more sales than ever dreamed possible.
- Which ear a person hears a message in changes “yes” into “no” or the reverse. You’ll need to control this when you are on the phone. It could double your effectiveness (often in sales) or cut it in half. Do this right.
- How to respond to the body language of another person so as to change their mind.
- How to know when the time to sit closer or further away is at hand. People are repelled easily by others. Here’s how people will WANT you to move CLOSER.
- How to gain credibility in the eyes of those who need to see you in a better light or they simply won’t respect and appreciate you.
- How speaking slower or faster will bring the other person to agreement…or not.
- How to use a tiny tool in your office that costs almost nothing to increase the speed of getting things done on the part of everyone around you. This tiny tool can help you trigger “yes.”
- How to close an email for greatest compliance.
- What not to say at the beginning of the email that will shut people off immediately.
- How to get past the gatekeeper so you can talk with the right person.
- The best questions to ask to bring two people closer together and make an almost unbreakable connection.
- How to have your (future) client share The Story that typically brings them to say, “yes.”
- How to be seen as desirable and different than every other person they will talk with this year!
- What color to wear to increase impulsive choice.
- What color to wear to increase calm and relaxed emotions.
- Secrets of having someone Identify with you as someone who has something very important in common with them. Being part of the group is critical. Now you are part of their group.
- Expectancy is arguably one of the 5 most important skills of persuasion. You’ll learn how to use expectancy to improve your perception of authority, power, expertise and to hear “yes.”
Kevin will stay until the last autograph is signed. If you want to meet Kevin Hogan, you’ll get that chance. Have a question for him? Bring it to the event. You WILL get a chance to ask it and Kevin will answer it.
This one day may not just make you a lot more money this year, it might just change your life for ever as you learn that over 70% of influence tools that you learn today will be able to be used to make yourself more effective, smarter, and self-motivated. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the self-discipline to get almost anything you want in life? Kevin will close the day with this discussion.