…Your New Marketing Brain
by Kevin Hogan
Part of your brain is in a constant process of goal achievement.
All day long your nonconscious brain drives your body to achieve, achieve, achieve. Dozens of directives, perhaps hundreds are acquired every single day.
Your nonconscious directives are predictably successful. You pretty much get everything your nonconscious moves you toward.
You do get to the restroom. You rob the cookie jar without your conscious mind remembering the hand entry or acquisition of the cookie.
You successfully react to email and delete spam before and after answering emails…and remember almost none of it…
Your brain grabs what it wants at the store…and many of those acquisitions are instantaneous goal/achievement moments…impulses.
You return home and your brain finds as many ways as possible to do nothing else beyond using the restroom, acquiring food and finding comfort for the remainder of the day.
In fact, ANYTHING you do beyond these nonconscious goals CAUSES STRESS and is perceived by your nonconcsious goal seeking system as a BAD thing. That stress triggers conscious awareness of your discomfort.
Even THINKING or SPEAKING of goals creates problems. Your nonconscious behavioral cues (body language of which you are unaware) triggers almost guaranteed negative emotions in anyone in your presence. This creates something on the scale of minor irritation to outright hostility in others around you. And that of course creates triggers in others that you now pick up on.
The looping behaviors that happen next are a mess. They are not productive to goal acquisition or good relationships.
Getting your conscious mind to achieve any goal that requires more than 24 hours to acquire…is typically destined for failure. There are simply too many external and internal stop signs to ever achieve real goals that matter…those that require discomfort.
There are lots of “secrets” to goal achievement. You don’t read about many online and the fact is marketers don’t want you to know the real story…which is mostly why I’m going to give you a few of the missing pieces today.
Professional Marketers have the same problems setting their OWN goals but the truly good marketers know one secret that you don’t. You must have one experience as soon as you buy their product. What is it? The answer holds a long held secret of goal targeting and acquisition.
As an example as you read along consider this:
Anything you want to be “easy to achieve” requires developing habits where you repeat behaviors over and over. This is very much like the basketball player shooting 100 free throws every morning. I particularly love audio programs because you have the real likelihood of learning redundancy. You’ll listen to it more than once, which is an absolute requirement to get information “drilled in.” Once something is drilled in from repetition the nonconscious can file it in the Passive Goal Guidance System.
Now, find out the ridiculously big lesson I learned about this system and the sub-routines in the brain…
How are the Brain’s Subroutines Created?
Remember this for the rest of this article and the rest of your life: Redundancy is what creates the brain’s subroutines for a given set of inputs.
I can’t tell you how many people I know who (for example) own copywriting programs that have no website or business.
Writing copy is what I have to write for you when I want to tell you about the Decision Point Course that is beginning soon online.
So many people buy courses on how to write copy…it’s remarkable. What’s ironic is they don’t market or promote anything…they aren’t in business. This is similar to the guy who has a website but has no business merchant account to accept credit cards.
It’s like buying an oven that cooks pizzas before buying the actual building where you’ll have your pizza shop. It’s interesting…and teaches you and I a great deal about goal acquisition.
The Comfortable Middle
PEOPLE LIKE TO BEGIN in “the middle.”
The person at home is desperate to begin in the “comfortable middle.”
The middle is the place where all the truly HARD work has been DONE and is BEHIND the individual.
When told well… listening to a story which begins in “the middle” can be “illusively” inspiring because you don’t have to go through Act One, which is The Beginning. The beginning is the most difficult piece of any business equation.
Write This Down because…Here’s the Point:
The Beginning of Anything Means there is a LONG way to go…
Example: Less than 20 people per day are coming to your website, or, the person has no website. Or, the person has no business. Or, the person has not created the product yet. Or, the person has not connected with affiliates. (Don’t start sentences with the word “or” by the way or the English Teachers will freak out…)
Example: The person at the beginning has not written the first chapters of the book….because it’s at the beginning.
The Tough (and Glossed Over) Beginning
The Beginning is tough because it’s all unfamiliar. Think about the first time you built a website. It took a month. Today? You can do it in a day….or less. With WordPress? You can do it in 3 hours.
The stress of the beginning isn’t that everything is always hard every day. Sometimes it is. But just as often it’s about being stuck for a day on what turns out to need a wildly simple 1-minute solution.
Internet Marketers, for example, hate to teach the beginning.
There is no “fast way” to get someone to be competent at anything without them actually doing it themselves first…usually a number of times.
The gurus haven’t built a website in 5 years. Everything begins in the MIDDLE for the guru.
Ah…this is where the marketer is at home. This is where the story sounds, feels and intuitively hits home with the reader of a salesletter or mail piece…any advertisement.
They have a mailing list. They have sold products before. They have done product launches. Or in the example of an author? The middle is when the book is completed and then you are to the point where you are going to begin selling the book to a publisher.
Starting in “the middle” tricks the brain to “believe” that this is going to be pretty easy. This is requisite for the marketer and the buyer, too…
The person listening to the presentation that begins in the “middle” doesn’t have to think about writing the book, opening the store, putting up the money on the franchise or whatever. The middle assumes all the problems have been worked out and now it’s all about the smart stuff…in this case…marketing. And there is some truth to this.
Marketing is much easier than building a website….unless, of course, you’ve just finished a month or two of learning how to build a website, how to use Facebook Ads, blog, do video, etc. In that case the person doesn’t want to learn to market or anything else because they are wiped out from learning how to get the website working and make it user friendly.
Obviously, it’s a hell of a lot easier to train someone marketing, assuming all the grunt work has been done.
Unfortunately, the stuff at the beginning typically hasn’t been done…or started…or learned or even imagined.
This is why the Short Term Pragmatic Marketer wants to optimize his income by selling an excellent product to anyone – regardless of their level of preparedness.
There’s nothing absolutely unethical about this, but it pushes the envelope further than I find comfortable.
Nevertheless as soon as you understand this one concept of how the most effective marketers build wealth rapidly, your entire paradigm of life might shift.
Watch…The Nerd and the Super Model
The Nerd and the Supermodel …
Every Nerd wants the Super Model.
But wait…everyone wants the Super Model… (Now set that thought aside for just a moment.)
The Nerd and the Supermodel
Here is what starting in the middle REALLY MEANS. It’s like a nerdy 15-year-old guy asking a 21-year-old supermodel gal out on a date and he needs an instruction manual.
The easiest sale to be made in the world is selling the product that shows how to get the 21-year-old super model to go out with you. Why? Because every guy wants that.
But…when you are 15 or 16, you aren’t prepared. You have no resources. No bank account. You aren’t on her radar. The pragmatist has skipped past the guy’s age and preparedness. He’s gone straight to the cool part which is past growing a wallet, looking good and having the required social status.
There’s nothing remotely bad about selling knowledge. It’s a cool product. But it’s only seriously optimal information for a narrow group of guys.
I’ve been sharing “cutting-edge” information about influence, life optimization and wealth-growing knowledge products for a long time.
I rarely repeat anything. My clients and customers pick on me mercilessly if I repeat a story on audio 1 of product Z in 2012 on another CD program in 2019. (I have no concordance…someone has an opportunity here!)
Each program generally assumes that the person is basically at Square One. From my friends perspective…I have made the mistake of having missed out on one extra digit of income each year. Not insignificant. It never dawned on me that people would consider the purchasing of the product as goal progress.
I see so many programs on the market that are not remotely workable for anyone who hasn’t already begun. Yet these programs are often the best selling programs on the market in my world.
Think about it.
The gurus figured out something that hadn’t even struck me.
My paradigm is so skewed toward rational productivity that it woke me up like a shock.
The act of reading the salesletter.
The act of contemplating buying the program.
The act of opening the program and putting it on the desk.
The act of putting the first DVD in and watching it and finding out how much the guru just did in the last launch…
…those ACTS are all goal progress. It never dawned on me.
Not for a second.
When this hit me one day, I felt like a rookie.
I was waaaaaaaay too many steps ahead as to where goal progress first becomes an issue.
I never knew a marketer who knew about the psychological concept of goal progress…but then I’d never thought about the process of buying a product as a trigger for goal progress to be experienced…and thus complete in and of itself.
Here’s what happens and what it causes to happen next…which is not such a good thing..
See “Goal Progress,” is *not* a good thing…not at all…
Goal Progress, your Unconscious Self, and flipping this for success …
Where Goal Progress Begins
Goal progress is where the nonconscious part of your brain “interprets and instantly reacts” to the input that you have made ENOUGH PROGRESS toward your goal to STOP WORKING on THAT GOAL and SWITCH to a REWARD of some kind.
Read that one more time. It’s huge.
Secondarily, progress toward one nonconscious goal can be made, and then the brain switches to a different working goal instead of a reward.
You are dieting. You lose the 10 pounds you wanted to lose. Your brain switches immediately to cleaning the house or fixing the car. The diet is done. You gain 5 pounds back in two weeks because your brain no longer pursued it. The new routines didn’t get drilled down deep enough.
Goal progress is experienced and the person feels GOOD about having made the purchase. They hear the stories and they believe that is where they are going or at the least they can imagine it happening and therefore, at THAT POINT, the brain shuts down on that goal and switches to reward!
The Passive Goal Guidance System
…let’s go back to “goal progress” and create a fundamental understanding of Goal Progress.
I’ve taught about the Passive Goal Guidance System since the moniker was first coined by its discoverer about 4 years ago.
But I clearly started my thinking about my own marketing strategy in a somewhat naive fashion. And to find this out after all these years of doing pretty well…
So, let’s go back and get this down to where you have a thorough and complete comprehension of the PGGS and Goal Progress.
The concept is easy. The ability to make applications takes a few extra steps.
In the old days…20 years ago, most scientists and most motivation experts believed that the closer a person got to a goal, the more motivation they experienced in getting it.
In working with salespeople and business owners, corporations….for quite some time, I knew that there might be lab settings where that was true, but the notion in the real world never matched what I observed.
My opinion was simple: The Scientists were wrong because they were assuming people thought like scientists and made logical decisions based on factual information….and that is just not true.
Was I right? Could a cadre of social scientists be wrong?! What did it mean?
A Prime Example? …
Being an author is a prime example.
Most people believe writing a book is a goal.
It’s really about 1/3 of a goal.
Writing a book is relatively easy.
You write. (A lot of people get this far)
You edit. (A lot of people get this far.)
You have a manuscript. (The number of people here tapers off before this is completed.)
But assuming the manuscript is finished, nothing of significance has really happened yet.
You wrote for 9 months, and the fact is that you have accomplished zip.
The book now needs to be sold to a publisher. (Most people’s notion of self publishing is going to net them $500 for their 9 months of work. To effectively self publish requires a pretty shrewdly implemented business plan to generate book sales.)
The manuscript…is…nice. It’s cute, like a baby.
The manuscript needs to be sold and THAT means the person has a LOT of work ahead of them. This is an entirely different world than writing a book. Writing requires no “work,” and work is constituted as actions that generate revenue…i.e. marketing and sales.
The process of selling a manuscript without a dramatic knowledge of publishing is extremely difficult. Most people believe a publisher will buy “a good book” and “sell it.” That isn’t what happens, though.
How do you get published in real life?
The publisher finds out how many sales you’ll be making, and for 95% of all first time authors, that is where the decision to buy the book will be made. Got 5,000 copies they believe will be sold and they can see your plan and it adds up to an easy 5,000? You’ll sell the book to most publishers. But 90% of authors don’t have the current capacity to do that…it might be more, but I’ll say 90% for now.
After you’re done writing the book, it is tough to self persuade the brain that nothing has really happened in the real world yet.
Imagining that someone can persuade their brain to let them continue the process of getting published and having a hot selling book, let’s imagine that they are able to develop a mailing list of fans or one incredible strategy that is big enough to generate book sales. They put it together in a proposal and the publisher says, “yes.”
Goal Progress has been made by a definable yardstick and the brain “knows it.”
NOW the author’s brain REALLY FEELS DONE.
But, nothing could be further from the truth.
Just Gettin’ Started
All that has happened is a manuscript has been purchased.
The brain believes it’s now time to party or go do ANYTHING but something related to “the book.”
The brain needs to be convinced that there is yet another series of projects ahead.
Now the author must go forth into the world and sell her book.
And THAT IS REAL WORK.
The difference between marketing and sales, and everything else, is REJECTION.
Where rejection can happen, the brain doesn’t want to go. It is here that the brain will experience Goal Progress BEFORE REJECTION POINTS.
If an author doesn’t finish a book, no one knows it.
If an author is turned down by a publisher, the author has become a lot more than vulnerable. They are exposed and have been told, “no.”
You have no idea how many unpublished manuscripts are out there because people don’t know how to get a book published.
Published authors who are offered a second contract, perhaps more so than the vast majority of people, will have no problem with making requests, asking for dates, negotiating deals. They are likely the most capable humans because in the face of rejection at every turn they persist. In spite of NUMEROUS Goal Progress points, points where “normal humans” would switch gears, they “fight themselves” and win. They CONTINUE and get published and sell books….a lot of them…past a lot more rejection and difficulties.
The trigger of achieving nonconscious Goal Progress is almost always met with the body following the nonconscious into other nonproductive activity that FEELS LIKE it is important.
Why does everyone always finish cutting their lawn? …
Why Does Everyone Always Finish Cutting Their Lawn?
I’ve shared this metaphor in the past at Influence: Boot Camp. And I confess I wrote about it somewhere…
Let me show you how this works in real life:
How often do you see a half cut lawn?
You know when the person has cut…half the yard and they called it a day, went in the house and left the yard half cut and half uncut to be done perhaps tomorrow?
The fact is that over 98% of all lawns are COMPLETELY cut when the individual takes the task on. Why? Because EVERYONE SEES the Progress. The only thing that looks worse than a lawn out of control is a lawn that is half out of control and half cut.
If no one else observed the 1/2 cut lawn, everything would be completely different.
The lawn would go 1/2 cut and the project picked up tomorrow.
How often does an individual set out and vacuum the ENTIRE HOUSE? Most people will vacuum a room or two and leave the rest for another day. A guess? 80% of the time, the person leaves a partially vacuumed house. Few people vacuum an entire house even though it takes about the same amount of time as cutting the lawn.
Because no one else in the neighborhood sees the un-vacuumed part of the house.
When there is no one watching, no one to be accountable to, the brain will STOP when its Goal Progress mechanism is triggered and something else is pursued.
Writing a book?
Putting up a website?
People quit as soon as the manuscript is done and as soon as the website is functional.
Because the person experienced Goal Progress.
When you set out to write a book, you had this picture: “I’ll sit here at the computer for the next few months and finish the book and my brain nonconsciously knows that mean it sees a cool cover on a book in the future, but what it really means is the manuscript is completed.”
Complete Manuscript = Locked Down Goal Progress
Very few manuscripts that are written ever make it in perfect bound book form to 5000 buyers.
They saw “finishing the book” as the end result. Unfortunately they didn’t make the correct assessment of what that meant.
Sputters of Goal Progress
If you want to personally overcome the sputters of Goal Progress, you have to begin with setting up a model or template of what THE GOAL really is.
Then you tell yourself you will pursue something and everything else when THE GOAL is COMPLETE.
Specifically in the case of the book?
You make your goal a simple timeline.
- Develop the idea and story/content. October 2016
- Research and begin writing.
- Write all chapters.
- Contact authors for endorsements. December 2016
- Develop marketing plan complete with specifics broken down to minutiae. January 2017
- Sell book to Publisher. (before September 2017)
- Grow marketing plan and prepare with publicist for Opening Day (August 2017)
- Aggressively do 3 big things every day that will generate book sales or you add another big thing that will until book sales are generated.
GOAL: August 2017, You are 60 days into book selling and the goal is met. You have performed 180 specific tasks that SOLD books (past tense).
You now have a Time Line and a Task Line. This is a goal and a goal is not something “to be achieved.” This is not to be achieved. It IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
The difference is enormous.
You aren’t making a “proposal,” or a “suggestion” or “hoping something happens,” or will get it done if “humanly possible.” That’s what happens at a job.
So, what’s the BEST way to measure progress? …
Key: Measure Progress from the End
You aren’t going to hope to raise a child. You are RAISING THE CHILD and when they turn 18 you boot them from the nest (so as to not give back all the progress you made!).
And ALL TASKS are measured from THE GOAL *not* from July 10, 2011.
NEVER measure from where you begin.
You must train your brain to measure from THE END.
You must measure from THE END.
In almost all cases, if you measure how far you have “come” you will run into MORE Goal Progress sputters and quit.
If you measure “how far to go” and see each task as one step closer, your motivation will INCREASE as you come closer to the goal.
KEY POINT: Sadly, 90% of people think about “how much I have already done,” and not “what there is remaining.”
Fascinating research on how to measure goal progress? …
Research on Goal Progress
Here is an example:
At the end of an experiment unrelated to Goal Progress, students were paid $15 in an envelope for their participation. There was also a note in the envelope with information about a charity project.
Students were told to leave something for the charity. Each student’s note indicated the charity was going to raise $300. There were six different notes a student could read. The first three showed “current progress toward goal.”
How much of the $15 did participants leave, on average, for the charity when given the following messages?
1) The Charity had already raised $55
2) The Charity had already raised $145
3 The Charity had already raised $245
The second group of three showed “money still to be collected.”
4) The Charity had $245 to go.
5) The Charity had $145 to go.
6) The Charity had $55 to go.
In the money still to be collected group, here was what the average donations turned out be
4) The Charity had $245 to go? $1.45
5) The Charity had $145 to go? $1.10
6) The Charity had $55 to go? $2.86
As we’ve been discussing today, that makes sense.
The goal is almost there and the big bucks roll in at the end from the participants.
When framed as the money already collected?
1) The Charity had already raised $55? $2.68
2) The Charity had already raised $145? $1.12
3 The Charity had already raised $245? $1.50
For today, the take home is that when the charity was early on and the students who got that message knew they had only collected $55 – and wanted to help in a greater way.
DO NOTICE that there is an interesting twist here: In both cases, the students donated the least when the note indicated they’d come half way or had half way to go. That’s a different issue and I’ll talk about that next week with you.
It’s an important nuance that I discovered in Psychological Science 2011 22: 607 originally published online 7 April 2011; Andrea Bonezzi, C. Miguel Brendl and Matteo De Angelis Stuck in the Middle : The Psychophysics of Goal Pursuit.
Next week? Part Two. Why the middle is where everything goes to hell…
For Coffee with Kevin Hogan readers only
and Web Wealth
5+ Week BETA E-Course
with Kevin Hogan, Psy.D.
Next Course begins October 25, 2016 – Use your discount and save!
“Will YOU be the next person to do ‘six figures’ annually on the Internet?”
Create the Lifestyle You Want with Internet Marketing
Scott lives in California but has recorded most of his online video training material in Hawaii. He does it on his own time, in his own way. Probably because it’s his best possible personal lifestyle. Perhaps I’m wrong. Perhaps he’d be doing better somewhere else.
You can do the same thing as Scott and the dozens of other participants who have been using the longest ongoing Internet Marketing Course to help launch profitable projects for people across all industries and fields of work.
Using the same strategies and techniques we’ve used to make a ZERO investment turn into *seven* digits … I’m thinking, you can do it.
I’m not suggesting you’ll do EIGHT digits annually … or even seven. THAT requires a significant amount of work, and maybe even some luck. So let’s stick with more attainable outcomes, at least for now.
Making Money Online
When you want to make money online … you either:
a) pay a lot of money to get people to hear about you, or
b) you cause people to come to you without cost.
I prefer that latter and that is one of the most important variables to your success.
Online marketing is how you make money in life in 2017. People who don’t market online have very little chance of achieving any kind of financial success going forward. When you search for any phrase there are a few people/sites that the search engines consider the most important for you to see. You’re going to learn to be one of those people who end up in the search results.
And that is simply the beginning…
“But I can I really do it?”
Using the same strategies and techniques we’ve used to make a ZERO investment turn into *seven* digits … I’m thinking, you can do the same or at least half or a third or a quarter of that …
Do You Want A Systematic Approach?
This E-Course includes a detailed step by step systematic approach to results, so you can SEE HOW to do what you need to do. The delivery of this course is entirely online and all at your convenience.
It’s very different from any online course you’ve heard of and I direct it much differently than anything you’ve ever considered.
There are also comprehensive documents that reveal an almost endless array of what works, why, and how to implement. Perhaps most important is that for all marketing questions you will have, you get complete access to me for mentoring and coaching for 5 weeks.
Because Online Marketing of a new or existing “business” is evolving rapidly, we have JUST FINISHED dramatically updating and upgrading the course for you.
What helps most is that unlike a barrage of home study programs, with our team, you can ask questions that are important to you and your efforts 24/7 for two solid months as we progress step by step, day by day.
You’ll be right along side of people who have had an online business for several years.
Would You Like An Experienced Expert Mentor?
You have a MENTOR. (Actually a few this go ’round!) You get to ask someone who has those seven digits instead of the guy who works for the guy who would like to earn five digits. The difference is critical as should be obvious.
You have me at your email pleasure for as many hours as I’m awake. That’s most hours … I will answer EVERY question in copious detail so you have 100% understanding.
Question: What is the value of a 5+ week course if it brings in $100,000 in say 2017?
Well, I’ll tell you what it’s worth to me.
The answer is $10,000.
It’s like a finders fee.
When your website(s) NET revenues total $100,000, that’s when you pay 2/3 of the course tuition. Less than 1/3 of your tuition is paid in advance.
Perhaps you have paid for numerous big Internet Marketing packages.
That’s cool but will you REALLY do IT???!?!?! And even if you did, who would you have someone to communicate with every single day when you need help?
There’s no one there and the research says NO, you won’t use the program. Research says … the probability approaches zero.
You won’t fail because you won’t start.
The System you are going to learn is unlike anything you’ve seen or heard of before.
Is it Time for A Different Approach?
Building wealth on the web requires doing a number of simple things right. It requires doing a few more complicated things fairly well and it requires being able to master ONE of about 20 different marketing tools. That’s it … one.
Most Internet Marketers will tell you WHAT you need to know. I will show you HOW to do it and WHY so you can replicate results in the future.
Everything you learn in this experience is 100% for your business.
Your total knowledge of the web/internet/media today doesn’t have to even hit the radar. We walk you through everything, step by step.
For example: If I tell you that you are going to use video on your website … I’ll SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT in such a way that it works FAST and EASY. I won’t just say, “Oh, video on the website is really helpful …”
I’ll show you how to get video on a website for the world to see. (It’s not 1/10 as hard as you think it might be.)
I’ve learned to do things quickly, effectively and efficiently mostly because I am not tech savvy. I want to simply share with you what works and how to grow a successful online marketing Coffee Table Business.
100 Reasons To Do This Specific Course
Here are just some of the 100 key points reflecting what you will learn:
Note: There is no mandatory schedule you need to follow – you create your own schedule with Kevin to follow for the duration of the course. You WILL have Kevin for the asking via email 24-7.
1) How to get a web name in 2 minutes. (like kevinhogan.net)
2) How to start a website and have it UP in 55 minutes.
3) How to post the website to the Internet in 10 minutes.
4) How to get people to come to the website within 4 HOURS.
5) How to get the biggest search engines to direct people to you instead of your competitor, for free.
6) Exactly WHAT you need on your website to make your website popular. (Within days.)
7) How to engender love from search engines and develop a “long term relationship” with search engines, so you get more and more traffic your way quickly and for a long, long time.
8) Specific things you can do that will cause search engines to know your site is important enough to push you onto the first page.
9) How to KNOW what to sell on your website(s). Whether to start a Coffee Table Business or use the Internet to make your current business thrive.
10) Choosing products and services to sell.
“Kevin’s Internet Marketing and Web Wealth E-Course was excellent. He gave us LOADS of stuff to learn, and he also personally answered every single question I could throw at him. So now I have all the knowledge needed to successfully market ANY product. There’s no need to guess or wonder what some other guru knows that I don’t know because he gave us everything that actually works!” Jason Lowe, New Zealand
11) How to make a relatively nice income stream, without having to create a product or service yourself!
12) How to get other people to help you build your empire as quickly as possible. And not just how, but your team will indeed do this with you as you will help them do the same thing.
13) How to create a sales force of people, without cost, to tell the world about you…Try doing that in the brick and mortar world.
14) How to WRITE the copy (advertisements) that will sell the products and services you will earn money from.
15) How to know what to write.
16) Learn all the wrong ways to write that will cause any site to go broke.
17) Learn the EXACT WORDS and PHRASES that the pros use to bring in big numbers every year.
18) How to appeal to a very specific audience so your message doesn’t have to be wasted on people not interested in what you are selling.
19) Learn the art and science of writing copy.
20) Find out what sizes of print and what FONTS and COLORS of type make the most money the fastest.
21) Learn how to test, in just a few DAYS, what is working for YOU and change QUICKLY so there are NO WASTED DAYS in building your business.
22) Learn to do the things that sound complicated that can be SUPER EASY….like picking the right keywords for your website and the products you decide you want people to own.
23) How to let the search engines how you want your stuff to be promoted and referenced.
24) How to gain the trust of the search engines in a changing environment.
25) Search engines are getting smarter but they still don’t read like people. If I want to promote myself as a body language expert, my metatags and keywords might have to read “EXPERT BODY LANGUAGE” and not, “BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT.” I’ll show you how to figure this out in SECONDS.
“Kevin, I want to thank you for your Internet Marketing E-Course, as I was able to write a book (me! I wrote a book!) with the information you gave. I was a bit of a silent partner as I didn’t talk, email or respond with the group much, but I have learned a great deal and this course has been invaluable to me and my business. Thank you!” Betty Eastman, LCSW
26) Find out how to get other people to help you build your business…even your competitors. (REALLY) So all that you do every day…it’s all done so you are in total control of your own income.
27) How to get people to buy products you release today….today…yes…you make it, produce it and release it today…and it sells TODAY and it sells A LOT.
28) How to write an ad for that product that will actually work. (If you have written an ad before and discovered it failed miserably you know that almost ALL ads fail.)
29) How to develop LOYAL customers.
30) There is NOTHING more important in web marketing than using email or better, an “E-zine.” I’ll show you how to write your own Coffee with Kevin Hogan and have people caffeine CRAVING IT every week.
31) I’ll share with you the biggest risk I ever took in Internet Marketing. It has to do with Coffee with Kevin Hogan and it paid off like the lottery. NO ONE ELSE does this who has an e-zine. I’ll show you what it is and how I did it.
32) You’ll see specifically and in a step by step fashion, just how to get your e-zine DELIVERED into the email boxes around the world so it isn’t filtered as spam.
33) I’ll show you step by step how to develop LOYAL readers where everyone else just has their e-zine read rarely and often by accident.
34) You’ll learn whether or not you should promote specific products and services through your e-zine when you are approached.
35) People talk about their “lists” of one million people. Let me tell you that number means diddly. If you are on a LIST you are NEXT IN LINE at the hotel. I have READERS. People who want to read Coffee as much as they want to read Cosmo, Maxim or The Wall Street Journal. The difference between a LIST and YOUR READERS is ENORMOUS. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to have people KNOW they are important to you.
“Kevin, the Internet Marketing Course was great! I highly recommend Kevin Hogan’s web marketing and Internet E-Course to anyone who is serious about learning and implementing the nuts and bolts of having a profitable online business. Hogan without a doubt over-delivers on the information he provides. This course was well worth the price and way more. Again, if you are looking to learn and grow your Internet business, this course is for you. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, I highly recommend it.” Michael Roth, DC, www.rothwellnesscenter.com
36) I’ll show you how to develop a relationship with your readers, no matter how many your have…so that when you take a week off and your E-zine doesn’t show up in their mailbox, they are screaming at you and telling you they miss you!!!
37) You’ll learn EXACTLY the formula I have discovered for success using an E-zine in conjunction with your work.
38) I’ll show you how to get articles for your E-zine if you can’t write them all yourself. (Free articles that are surprisingly good.)
39) I’ll show you how to get the biggest names in your field to contribute articles to your fledgling E-zine.
40) FACT: The E-zine is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE of the Web Wealth puzzle. I’ll show you why and how to make sure nothing ever goes wrong.
41) I ‘ll show you EVERY secret I have learned about E-zines that will make you a LOT of money.
42) I will walk you through STEP BY STEP how I write Coffee with Kevin Hogan every week. Not so it’s the fastest, or easiest but so it’s the BEST.
43) How many OTHER E-zines do you read other than Coffee with Kevin Hogan? I get hundreds in my mail box every week. I read 7. That’s it. I’ll show you those seven and why I like them and why they are as profitable or MORE PROFITABLE than Coffee. Almost all E-zines are TERRIBLE. 99% is not a big enough number. People do NOT GET WHAT AN E-ZINE NEEDS TO DO. You will.
44) You will find out how to decide whether you should have a full color e-zine or a simple text e-zine. There is an EASY ANSWER for YOU and there are only THREE VARIABLES. But if you make the wrong decision, you go broke.
45) I’ll show you how to write a SUBJECT LINE. NOTHING IN YOUR ENTIRE BUSINESS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-ZINE each week. Not your product quality, not your website, not YOU, NOTHING. I will show you successful subject lines and then I’ll grab subject lines from my email box and show you what other people are doing that is wasting their time and their life.
46) I’ll show you how to make extra money once per month in your e-zine with an idea very few have ever thought of.
47) I’ll show you how to get your first 5,000 READERS as quickly as possible and compare them with the first 100,000 people on anyones list and show you why YOU WILL MAKE FAR MORE MONEY being valuable to your 5,000.
48) I’ll show you REAL SECRETS that will help you use your E-ZINE to boost web traffic to your website that NO ONE ELSE IS DOING RIGHT NOW. (They will be after they take the course.)
49) I’ll show you what NOT TO PUT IN YOUR E-ZINE so you save yourself legal problems.
50) I’ll show you what is necessary to make your e-zine 100% deliverable.
50 More Reasons To Do This Course…
51) I will show you benefits and drawbacks of software programs that can help your business….or not. (Including email programs, linking programs, website enhancement programs, etc.)
52) I’ll tell you THREE PIECES OF SOFTWARE YOU NEED TO optimize income.
53) I’ll tell you the secret of WHY I still have an AOL account and use it A LOT in my business…and how much money it makes me because of it.
54) I’ll show you how to make your website an EXTENSION OF YOU. I will step by step take you through a process that will, if you choose, make YOU a celebrity and your website almost a part of your persona.
55) I’ll show you how your website should read and look so they feel you are there with them when they are at your site.
56) I’ll show you how to make money….a lot of it…while you sleep…for real…
57) I’ll show you how to take credit cards….without spending thousands!
58) I’ll show you how to determine WHICH company to use and WHY.
59) I’ll show you how to select a company to host your store (if you are going to have one).
60) I’ll show you why I took the time and started FIVE blogs. (I don’t even LIKE THEM…but you need to have them…and I’ll show you how to do it all for free and make money on the process!)
61) What do the smartest marketers do to stay on top every week? I’ll show you and show you hot to do it…for you.
62) I’ll show you how I know before ANYONE what is going to be hot this year in web and internet technology. You will be shocked but almost NO ONE outside of the adult entertainment business knows this secret….and now you will.
63) I will tell you the REAL RESOURCES on the web for making money, who knows there stuff, who is full of hot air and who you need to be watching.
64) I will give you a simple formula to balance time for your family and friends and time for your business. That means giving up profits somewhere ….sometimes… but not forever. This module alone is worth the world to me.
65) I’m going to TAKE YOU BY THE HAND and WALK YOU IN MICROSTEPS to start your INTERNET BUSINESS in less than 72 hours.
66) You will learn how to build a website for less than $90. And it will be profitable FAST.
67) If you aren’t selling yourself (and even if you are) I’m going to show you how to find the top 20 HOTTEST selling products on the ENTIRE WEB and how you can be selling them on DAY ONE you are up and online. (Read that again.)
68) I’m going to show you how you can either partially or FULLY automate your website, depending on the purpose of the site…so you can spend time sleeping, eating and with the kids or your girlfriend.
69) Not everyone can be Page #1 in the search engine returns, but I’ll show you how I got there for a lot of keywords and how important it is that you do what I tell you so YOU ARE TOO!
70) You’ll learn how to get THOUSANDS of QUALIFIED visitors to your site for FREE.
There are so many people like you and me that are making a fortune on the web. Most people I know on the web make far more than a neurosurgeon and our incomes make pilots and some sports stars blush.
71) You can be ON THE BEACH and making money under the cabana or umbrella.
72) You can do what needs to be done daily from ANYWHERE on this planet and occasionally on the airplane! You have a business without rent, walls or doors.
73) You will learn how to make “digital” products and “e-books” so fast it will make your head swim (in dollars or euro’s).
74) I’ll show you how to write a GOOD EBOOK in a FEW WEEKS. Not some piece of junk as 96% are…but a GOOD EBOOK that is VALUABLE to your customer…and that they will happily pay $47 for….and you have ZERO COST.
75) I’ll show you how to create hard products for sale in less than a month. (I could show you a bunch of junky ways to get stuff done in two weeks at first but let’s do it right!)
“I recently took your Internet Marketing Course and I was ‘blown away’ by the content and quality of the course. It exceeded my wildest expectations. I was more than pleased. I have recommended your course to many business associates and would encourage anyone who wants to ‘master’ the Internet to take your course. I am still amazed at the content and deliverables you provided! Job well done!” Steven Chambers, stevechambers.com
76) You’ll learn how to sell OTHER peoples products and services and not have to ship anything…not take a credit card…and have no customer service and still get paid HALF of the sale!!!!….
77) I have pages on my website that people stay for 4,5, and 6 MINUTES. This is unheard of on the Internet. The longer people stay, the more likely they are to buy. I will show you ALL of my secrets!
78) You’re going to know how to build your opt in list of subscribers without having ANY traffic to your website at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
79) Think you can’t make sales? I’ll show you the best technique on the planet, especially when you are NEW with the product or new in business.
80) I’ll show you the facts behind whether you should take Pay Pal and other forms of money transfer. I’ll tell you the costs, risks and rewards involved!
81) Should you offer a money guarantee? Sometimes YES and sometimes NO. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to know WHEN to do WHICH.
82) You’ll learn how to advertise your business for free…in hundreds and THOUSANDS of places on the web.
83) I’ll show you how to take advantage of amazon.com’s amazing ranking on google to help build YOUR business.
84) You’ll learn how to talk to the best affiliates in the world and convince them to sell YOUR products.
85) Want to know how to use Google AdSense and Google Ad Words? These hot commodities can make you or break the bank. I’ll show you what to do and HOW.
86) I will show you EXACTLY how to outsource to get people to work for you so you don’t have to. YOU DON’T HAVE TO KNOW IT ALL!!! (or do it all either!)
87) Increase your profits by leveraging the work of others in emerging countries like Romania.
88) Learn how to make the most possible money with what you have by EASY testing and tracking.
89) Learn how to use SIMPLE email strategies to put a system of income generation on literal automatic pilot. (LITERAL)
90) Email marketing isn’t just an E-zine. There’s more that can be done to turn big profits!
10 More Reasons To Do This Course!
91) I will show you how to CONVERT visitors INTO CUSTOMERS. This is the crucial step in Internet marketing that no one talks about, because it’s the most difficult. I’ll show you how!
92) Learn the key strategies to get FREE traffic. I had almost 1000 people become Coffee with Kevin Hogan readers LAST WEEK. Not people on a list…we filtered OUT almost 9,000 people! NO. I’m talking READERS. You need to learn how to do this.
93) Learn the lead generation strategies of the pros!
94) Linking has NEVER been more important than NOW. 10 links from your friends aren’t likely to be anywhere near as valuable as ONE LINK from kevinhogan.com. You need to know WHO to link to. I’ll show you how to find out and WHAT TO DO TO GET THOSE CRUCIAL LINKS.
95) I’ll take you through step by step the FREE process I use to get my page one rankings!
96) I’m not going to say you need a marketing empire. but if you want it, I’ll show you how to do it!
97) Pay Per Click is growing FAST on Facebook and it’s bigger than Google. MUCH BIGGER. I’ll show you what to do and how NOT to get ripped off for everything including your shirt.
98) Learn how to advertise with the web and OTHER PEOPLE’S EMAIL … yes … for free and better than that: PROFITABLY.
99) Learn in such a way that IS EASY, NONTECHNICAL, NOTHING COMPLICATED IN ANY WAY. I EXPLAIN EVERYTHING which means it’s got to be SIMPLE.
100) Ask any question at any time during the 5-week course…and you WILL have your answers!
“The most remarkable thing about doing Kevin Hogan’s Internet Marketing Course was one week after we started, I had a website up and running! This is not the usual type of course where you receive all the subject matter and it sits on your shelf until you find the time for it, oh, no! Kevin is involved. Every day he send you emails with attachments. He takes you step by step through the process, especially in the beginning when you really need it. It’s in your best interest to keep up with the group, and whatever questions you have, he answers them all. You will receive absolutely everything you need to know about the Internet. Something else that would never have happened without Kevin, is that my website was spidered by Google 4 days after it was published, and Google still comes by every 3 or 4 days like clockwork. A month later, my site had a page ranking of three. For a newcomer going it alone, this is unheard of. The course was worth every penny. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in setting up an Internet company, big or small.” Sharon Dell, Durban, South Africa
Apply below NOW or continue reading …
Every day I look at beautiful websites designed by creative geniuses that do absolutely nothing in net profits. (notice that word “NET”)
Beautiful Web Sites Don’t Sell
And I see websites that I can instantly tell you ARE making money. I’ll show you how to instantly make this identification. They look like they were designed by one of my kids … which is one of the ways you know … they will do well.
There are lots of programs that show you how to build a website. (This is no longer complicated. I’ll show you how to build a website by typing as if you were typing any other document on your computer.)
Problem is having a website does you nothing if you have nothing to sell…or if you don’t know how to write in such a way that it compels your reader to trust you and buy from you … or if you don’t know how to GET PEOPLE TO YOUR WEBSITE … or if you … get the idea?
There are lots of programs that address any part of the factors in building wealth on the web. I own a bunch and I’ve learned a lot over the years. But NO ONE has put together the COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM.
And of course when my mentor says, “Kevin, you need to put an E-Course out there that shows people how to do EVERYTHING involved in making a successful web business. Not just one aspect … and it has to be simple, fast and really work.”
And even I felt overwhelmed … and it takes a lot to get me overwhelmed.
I mean that’s like saying, “Show people how to build a city, make it easy, simple, something that will generate more participants in the future from viral marketing and that will not take every second of your life …”
But because all of this is fun and there is actually no part of making money on the web that can’t be done by literally anyone with a 5th grade education … then it should be relatively do-able …
And it turned out it was.
If you think of a sport like football, basketball or baseball….you know that if you take out any one player…and play one man short … you are going to get creamed.
And that’s ultimately what web marketing comes down to.
There are lots of nuances that the experts and internet marketing scientists figure out and I LOVE to learn that stuff. BUT the fact is that the big pieces of the pie are far more important than the nuances in this game.
In fact, you can be an expert at say, getting traffic to your site … but if you have stuff that no one will look at for whatever reason … you make zero dollars. I don’t care if you can double that traffic. It doesn’t matter.
You MUST have ALL the pieces in place before you even CONSIDER working on the nuances.
As I look back at what I’ve accomplished on the Web, I know that it wasn’t the awesome website or the beautifully packaged program or the powerful search engine optimization (and yes, you want to evolve beyond basics) BUT it was the INCREDIBLE, UNIQUE CONTENT and having ALL the pieces in place … all the pieces of the puzzle operating competently that caused millions of dollars of business.
Everyday I learn something new but those things alone would never have gotten me where I am.
That required putting together a SYSTEM. And people need systems.
In this program I’ll take you to my original website. It wasn’t kevinhogan.com back in those days.
I’m going to show you exactly why good things happened. THE SYSTEM was in place. The technology was terrible, the design was not impressive, the programs had inexpensive designs.
THE SYSTEM was in place.
And what I’ve done is modeled what I’ve done and put it out there for you.
I’ve helped a number of other people put their business into the system. They seem to have done alright. Many have far outperformed what I’ve done. (Not even a question actually …)
I want you to LEARN THE SYSTEM.
THEN go and learn all the nuances and stay current in what is working in copywriting, promotional content, search engine optimization nuances.
THE SYSTEM: If you work the system it’s likely you will do six figures annually. How many of those six figures you do is up to you.
Unlike what some people tell you, it does take effort. In fact, anyone who says it doesn’t is kidding you. (There’s other ways to say this and be less polite …)
Effort IS required because it is a competitive arena.
BUT, I’ve never met ANYONE with basic education and knowledge that couldn’t do this easily.
I’m literally going to walk you through step by step as to what to do.
If you have taken my course on Professional Speaking or How to Write, Publish and Sell Your Book, you know that this is where my work may be more helpful than anyone’s out there.
I don’t leave out important steps and make you buy that product later. (Not that anyone would do such a thing …)
You’re going to learn it all and learn how to do it the only real way it’s going to predictably work.
And, just like one sentence in a contract as a speaker for a convention can cost or earn you an extra $20,000..and just like a similar sentence in a book contract is almost guaranteed to cost you at least $15,000 in royalties…I’m going to show you all the crucial elements of making the Internet work for you.
The only time I will get into nuances is when they are SIGNIFICANT to your SUCCESS.
THEN you will plod with me through some lengthier projects. Like writing copy. (An ad.)
Writing an ad is something that doesn’t come intuitively. Perhaps 1 in 10,000 people in business can actually write an ad. Perhaps 1 in 100 people in advertising can write an ad.
I’m going to show you how to write an ad…what is known as a “Sales Letter.”
I’m going to show you how to write a PROFITABLE ad.
And I’ll show you a dozen or so ways to spot an ad that won’t work.
And I’ve got plenty in my archives of things I tried and failed back in the late 1990’s.
Everyone has a learning curve. I learn fast but boy learning can be painful.
My role here is to take the five or ten years of learning pain and reduce it down into two months.
EVERYONE who learns how to make real money in business of any kind either suffers pain over the long term or if they are very lucky…only during the learning period. For you, we will move FAST.
I’m going to show you WHAT to put on your website.
I’m going to show you HOW to put it on your website.
I’m going to show you EXACTLY how to KNOW if it’s working or not.
There are no, “I wonder what I should do’s” in this course.
You are going to tell me up front if you have something specific you want to make money with. Maybe promoting yourself, your practice, your services or your products.
Or, if you want to sell other people’s stuff ….
THEN we’re going to put together THE PLAN.
It takes about 4 hours to do this. IT IS WORK. IF you won’t do this, do NOT sign up for this course. Spare me the irritation.
I will make suggested alterations in your plan. Then it will be in stone (for awhile).
Then…forgive me, but I’m going to TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, and you need to listen. (OUCH)
If that scares you … thank goodness … you are a normal human being. It took me a LONG TIME to just listen to my mentor.
“Kevin, you are going to design the most comprehensive E-Course on Professional Speaking out there.”
“You gotta be kidding?”
And then I did it. Period. There’s no time to dink around. Time is money. Time is love. To waste or abuse time is not in my nature. It won’t be in yours either.
“As a complete self-confessed Internet amateur I started the Internet Marketing & Wealth Building Course both excited and challenged. Well, all my expectations were surpassed and then some. The information and knowledge has allowed me to feel and be ahead of the game when it comes to working via the web for business and wealth creation. Kevin was more than just a mentor, he was my motivator and friend. Throughout the course, Kevin was always ready and available to help and assist. His material invites you the student to create and explore wherever you are in business so that you achieve and go beyond yourself. Kevin has been the invisible force and drive which moved me to take action TODAY!” David Power, Clinical Hypnotherapist, London
And that is the great thing about building wealth on the web.
It’s all done from home.
It’s all done so you see your kids in the morning and when they come home from school. Commuting costs a