Patients with Hodgkin’s disease or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma live longer if they receive relaxation and hypnotherapy treatment along with standard chemotherapy. Similar approaches have resulted in mixed results for other cancers.
Leslie Walker of Hull University studied 63 patients with newly diagnosed cancers, all of whom were receiving chemotherapy and standard anti-nausea drugs. The patients were split into three groups. One group was given relaxation tapes, another received the tapes plus hypnotherapy to reinforce their effect. The third received neither.
Walker followed up the patients 13 years after diagnosis. “We found that the patients who had received relaxation or relaxation and hypnotherapy lived significantly longer,” he says.
New lease of life
On average, patients in the relaxation and hypnotherapy group lived an average of 10.7 years after diagnosis, patients who used only the tapes lived 8.7 years and patients with neither lived 7.8 years.
But Walker stresses that the patients differed in age and the stage of disease when treatment started. So although the differences are significant, translating hypnotherapy plus relaxation into three extra years of life is not possible, he says.
How the relaxation and hypnotherapy may increase survival is not clear. Other studies of cancer patients have found that similar treatments can boost levels of killer T cells. But researchers have not been able to link this rise with increased survival.
“Chemotherapy and radiotherapy tend to suppress immune system functioning, so small interventions may help patients be more resistant to these effects,” Walker says.
COVERT HYPNOSIS: An Operators Manual for Influential Unconscious Communication in Selling, Business, Relationships and Hypnosis by: Kevin Hogan
Covert Hypnosis is the utilization of techniques and strategies to change the perception and behavior of others in a completely unconscious way. The optimal applications for covert hypnosis are in the fields of selling, advertising, marketing, relationships and of course, therapy.
“I got chills up my spine as I started flipping through your new book. I’m afraid I’m either going to have buy all rights to this thing from you and take it off the market, or buy all copies to keep you from selling it. This material is the most powerful stuff I’ve EVER seen for selling, persuading, and motivating— without anyone but you knowing it. Truly amazing. You’ve hit another one out of the park and over the stands.” — Joe Vitale, author of the best-selling series of “Hypnotic Writing” ebooks, including the new “Hypnotic Writing Swipe File”
This 100,000 word manual includes truly up to the minute scientific breakthroughs in the area of unconscious influence. For the simplicity of the reader the book is written with examples pertaining to either therapy or selling situations but of course the approaches discussed herein would apply equally as well to pastoring, teaching, training, and other relationship and group situations.
You will learn:
- Covert techniques for sports performance.
- Over 150 specific non-verbal communication techniques.
- How to stand and sit with people so they like you and believe your message.
- Strategies for pre-hypnotic therapy.
- How genes influence people’s decisions and how to know in advance what they are.
- The basic thinking process of covert conditioning.
- The 253 words that change people’s minds verbally and in print.
- How to use 20 of the most powerful hypnotic language patterns ever spoken.
- Discover the core 16 desires of every person you meet.
- Find out the 11 new metaprograms that no one has previously discovered.
- Over 800 questions that help you direct the thinking of others.
- The truth about distraction and confusion.
- How suggestion can change visual recall.
- Two complete models for presenting material to others in a persuasive manner!
- How to make minor alterations in your physical appearance to influence others.
- How to tell a story so that the story delivers the message you want send!
I’ve shared this material with companies that have paid me $5,000 per day. I’ve shared this information with the government of Poland to help construct strategies to fight the spread of HIV/AIDS. I’ve never put most of this information in print before. Now, instead of paying $5,000 per day to have me teach this to you, you receive it in this dense manual for less than $100. A lifetime accumulation of research and practice are now available for your success building and relationship enhancement!
Now in e-book form!