Do you ever feel like you’re not completely in control…or worse… out of control? You…your life…people around you….
On the flip side, a challenging question….are you actually open to taking control and ownership of your own life if you could?
By being in charge of your own life, it can be a bit unnerving, but ultimately it will cause you to feel you have a greater sense of power and a lot more control over how your life will unfold.
There’s nothing wrong with letting people drive your bus (your brain) but you don’t want to get into the habit of handing the controls over 24/7.
Most people finally figure out that they are allowing other people to take all but complete charge and control of their lives. It is ridiculously easy to fall into this trap. If you find that you have yielded your life controls to other people and want them back…
Just for the heck of it…play along with me for a minute…
Check out some of the scenarios and see if you can see your self here.
- I confess that I can “be mean” to mean people. It bugs me when I see people hurting other people. When people say mean stuff to YOU, what is your response?
- Do you always walk away and choose not to “stand up” for yourself? Do you hold all of the pain inside, and never let the other person know they have said something and that now you hurt?
- You never give your opinion on anything. You are worried that if you speak your mind and tell others your opinion, they may think you are stupid or laugh at you.
- If somebody wants to do something that you don’t want to do, do you always go along with them like it or not?
- You feel compelled to have people give you consent or make you feel that it is okay before you take any action. You are an approval seeker. You are afraid to stand up and make a decision.
- You live your life just going along with everybody else. You have no structure for your own life. You are willing to go along with anybody else’s plan but have not got one of your own.
- You have many goals and dreams, however you do not dare to act on them. You find yourself saying, “I can’t do that”. Because of this, you live in fear of ever trying anything new.
- You have many talents, but you are afraid to show your full potential. You find yourself going aimlessly through life and settling for less than you could be.
If any of the above statements sound true about you, then it is time for you to determine when you want to take control of your self and your life. You deserve better than to allow people to treat you poorly and you deserve to stand up for yourself.
It’s a scary but often true concept that we teach others how to treat us.
Obviously this isn’t always true, but sit and think about it for a minute….
It’s reality a good chunk of the time!
Listen, your opinion is important and you deserve to have it heard. You do not need other people’s approval or consent in all contexts of life in order to make a decision. Once you start making decisions on your own, you will start to feel better about yourself.
You deserve to have structure in your life and a plan of action to make your life more successful and enjoyable. You deserve to achieve your goals and dreams. Never tell yourself that you can’t do something. Most of the time, that is simply not true. Far more often than not, if you can see something in your mind, then you have it within you to achieve it.
Never be afraid to show people your full potential. Don’t allow other people to control you and make you fearful of ever trying anything new. The more you get out and try new things and achieve the things that you have been avoiding, the better you will feel about yourself. You have the ability within you to do many great things. It’s time to take control of yourself and become that person you know what is within you.
Be prepared to hear this from other people who are out of control in their lives:
“He’s a control freak.”
…in direct contrast to being an “out of control freak.”
OK, now that we’ve gotten that taken care of…