How would you like to have a new key into another person’s mind?
Today I want to show you cutting-edge 2019 research blended with experiments dating to the World War II period, that give you an introduction to inserting ideas into people’s mind that stick like placing a card back into a deck of cards.
You’re going to be introduced to how to have a few short conversations with almost anyone, and have the skill of constructing memories in another person’s mind.
Get someone to lose the weight. Cause someone to do something they should have done years ago. Give people tangible resources so they can accomplish more than you expected of them. Dramatically direct thinking in a way never seriously considered before.
This is a series of articles. It’s not kindergarten. It’s not Influence 101. Some of what you are going to learn is not taught anywhere because of the potential for misuse, which will become obvious.
What would you think if I suggested to you that most people you know have no idea what they think, or why they now think something that they soon will believe is actually a lifelong belief about something they have never heard of in the past or know absolutely nothing about?
Here’s what’s always been scary to me …
People can literally have no clue about a subject, yet have an instantaneous & strong opinion about the subject and take actions on that opinion which they believe they have had for years.
And they do it every day.
One brilliant experiment years ago found that you can ask people to give you directions to a place that doesn’t exist, simply because you asked for the directions. Instantaneously, people create places in their mind and form permanent images that they will believe are very real. How real? No real difference between this place and the memory of any other place.
Shifting new beliefs happen by accident every single day. We’re going to build on that knowledge with new research just released.
Using wisdom and caution, you can do the same thing with good intention to cause people to lose weight, be kinder, earn more money, be a better employee, and of course, get to “yes” faster than ever before.
People Like Ideas Better Depending on Who “Says” Them
The first of the TWO most recent well-done experiments into the phenomenon about what people instantly believe about critically important issues was done by (surprise!) The Huffington Post.
Obviously, The Huff Po is a very liberal publication that thrives off of poking at conservative thinking. I’m a Libertarian, of course, so you know my bias.
When this article was first emailed to me, I thought it was another “I hate Donald Trump article,” all of which were getting old (both pro and con).
I’ve personally never considered Trump a traditional conservative. He’s always struck me as an Independent with a broad range of views that make him very non-GOP. His political views are complex and don’t give you an easy hole to place him in … which is part of what makes this specific experiment so fascinating.
That broad range of views that Trump has, stimulated a re-enactment of one of the most important psychological experiments ever done. Today it helps you and I see just how many people can create Instant Beliefs out of thin air.
A report on a detailed opinion poll done with YouGov about what people who are told that Obama or Trump said something about subject X and then, in essence, the pollster asked the polled individual, “do you agree or disagree.”
For example, here’s a sample of a question that didn’t appear in the Huff Po. “Obama says the Department of Homeland Security can never be subject to reconfiguration. Do you agree or disagree?”
What happens when poll respondents report their beliefs?
Democrats tend to agree with the suggested point of view.
Republicans tend to strongly disagree with the point of view.
What matters about what people say they think or believe to you and me?
People will often (but not always) develop an instant belief about a subject for which they know nothing about. As soon as they hear, for example, “Obama says” or “Trump says”, people tend to mirror or polarize the stated belief of the respected friend or detested authority in question.
Every individual identifies with a number of people and a number of groups. (They might identify with Hillary because she is a woman, with Trump because he is running as a Republican or as an entrepreneur, the beliefs of the church they attend, the manager at the office because of his personal life philosophy.)
The identification is generally, but not always, context dependent. In other words, a woman who identifies with Hillary Clinton doesn’t necessarily believe everything Clinton does Or says. But because identification is such a potent connector between people, the very fact that Clinton states X, often makes X the default belief for the person being asked about their feelings about Clinton’s position on some issue.
Why is THIS first experiment so important to you and me?
Identification Cements Beliefs
Because it shows us just how many people create a belief about X, often in this instant, right now, having had no knowledge of this truly important “issue” before … all because the opinion supposedly comes from someone they identify with!
Let’s look at a couple of real examples published in a brilliant if not politically biased article by Ariel Levy in the Huff Po this week.
YouGov asked those polled roughly this question:
“Obama has praised Universal Health Care. Do you agree or disagree with Obama about Universal Health Care?”
Not surprisingly, 82% of Democrats agreed and 16% of Republicans agreed.
But when YouGov simply replaced the name “Obama” with that of “Trump” to a different group of 500 respondents, what happened?
Now only 46% of Democrats agreed and now 44% of Republicans did as well.
(It makes no difference for our purposes here what the two politicians actually believe or really said. What matter is the powerful INFLUENCE of the IDENTIFICATION!)
How would YOU like to gain agreement with 44% of people instead of 16% of people? …
Key Point: About HALF of people have a different INSTANT BELIEF about a major life changing subject depending on who else is mentioned as supporting an idea.
When asking Independents the question, about 45% agreed whether Trump’s name or Obama’s was used. We’ll return to the Independents next week.
YouGov asked another question of those polled:
“Hillary Clinton says Social Security should be protected from budget cuts. Do you agree or disagree with Clinton about Social Security?”
Before telling you the results, make a prediction for me. Would you guess that more male or female democrats agree with Clinton?
Your prediction would be that Clinton is a woman and thus you would reasonably predict that more women would agree with her.
88% of all Democrats agreed with Clinton. 57% of Republicans agreed with the statement.
Replace Clinton’s name with Trump?
84% of Democrats agree. 75% of Republicans agreed with the statement.
Social Security is something most people have a lifetime of experience dealing with. But because the idea is supported by one person or another, people’s beliefs about one of the most important issues of our time, change in an instant.
By the way, women (78%) did agree with Clinton more than men (71%).
Legend Point: Gender is an important connector. Never underestimate the power of even common and obvious identification traits as simple as sex.
YouGov astutely asked a question that very few people know anything about, the Iran Nuclear Deal:
“John Kerry is opposed to ripping up the deal to put limits on Iran’s nuclear program and instead argues it must be strictly enforced. Do you agree or disagree with Kerry about the Iran deal?”
What we would predict here is that unlike Social Security which should be a rock solid belief in those polled, we would expect POLAR IDENTIFICATION (John Kerry is a mostly neutral figure to democrats but Kerry is arguably polar to Republicans) to take a much larger role in something people don’t know much (if anything) about.
51% of Democrats and 20% of Republicans agree with the statement.
But replace Kerry’s name with Trump’s?
54% of Democrats and 51% of Republicans now agree with the statement.
The proposed notion that Trump vs. Kerry supporting an almost unknown “issue” triggers 150% more people believing the notion … in ONE SECOND … is breathtaking!
The final question YouGov posed was this:
“President Obama believes that the policy of affirmative action should be kept in place. Do you agree or disagree with Obama about affirmative action?”
64% of Democrats and 15% of Republicans agree with the statement.
Insert Trump’s name in place of Obama’s?
45% of Democrats and 33% of Republicans now agree with the statement!
Huge swings of instant beliefs in a trigger issue like affirmative action are shocking to say the least.
Key Point: People instantly make up beliefs on the spot … in one second, and about half of those agreeing or disagreeing with the issue, report their belief as “strongly agree” or “strongly disagree.”
The YouGov’s poll was done correctly. The data is reliable and reveals just how important identification with the SOURCE of a message is, in contrast to the message itself. I encourage you to look at the YouGov poll and the original article and notice how income, gender and other factors of identification come into play.
How Pervasive is False Memory?
You, the people you do business with, your friends and family don’t have big discussions about affirmative action and the Iran Nuclear Deal very often.
You talk about all kinds of stuff. You talk about business and relationships.
You have an opportunity to both learn how people think, what they believe, and if you choose to influence those beliefs.
The simplest method of influencing another is not necessarily the source of information being yourself with the person you are speaking with. (Of course, you CAN be, IF they identify strongly with you.)
Legend Point: But referencing the important person/group they respect and identify with is important if you wish to cause agreement with the source belief.
Polar Identification Works
If, of course, you wish to utilize Polar Identification, you simply say Bill says that this product is no good. You know they can’t stand Bill and thus will find fault with his thinking, coming into line, presumably, with you.
Next week I’ll share more with you about Instant Beliefs.
Before saying goodbye today, I want to introduce you to the notion of memory creation and how critical it is that you understand this.
Every day, you have discussions (arguments) with people. How many of these sound familiar to you?
“I took that photo.”
“No you didn’t, I did.”
“You said I was an idiot!”
“I never said such a thing.”
“When I was a kid I went to California.”
“We never went to California.”
“The service I got from Best Buy sucked.”
“You’ve never bought anything from Best Buy.”
Every single day, you share with others how crazy they are. The more joint experiences people have had together, the more often the subject comes up in conversation.
What’s important to know is that “false memory” is the MOST COMMON type of memory that there is. In fact, I could easily support an argument that almost all memory is false memory.
The Ease of Convincing People
What matters is that people can be convinced to believe they did something that they have never done in their life.
Like what? People can be convinced in MINUTES that they committed a CRIME.
In three five minute conversations, I can convince almost anyone that they committed a felony. In four five minute conversations, I can convince almost anyone that they committed a murder.
In fact, you hear about such cases often enough.
Falsely imprisoned prisoners are finally being released from prison because of DNA evidence that proves their claims were forced into a confession of guilt to murder or other heinous crimes.
It’s frightening to think that in 4 conversations, you can learn to cause someone to believe they KILLED someone else.
Next week I’ll show you a little about how that works and how you can use memory creation technology to make people’s lives better, be more influential and make a positive difference in the world.
The research is mind boggling. I think you will be fascinated.
For Coffee with Kevin Hogan readers only
and Web Wealth
9+ Week E-Course
with Kevin Hogan, Psy.D.
Next Course begins October 17, 2019 – Use your discount and save!
“Will YOU be the next person to do ‘six figures’ annually on the Internet?”
Create the Lifestyle You Want with Internet Marketing
Scott lives in California but has recorded most of his online video training material in Hawaii. He does it on his own time, in his own way. Probably because it’s his best possible personal lifestyle. Perhaps I’m wrong. Perhaps he’d be doing better somewhere else.
You can do the same thing as Scott and the dozens of other participants who have been using the longest ongoing Internet Marketing Course to help launch profitable projects for people across all industries and fields of work.
Using the same strategies and techniques we’ve used to make a ZERO investment turn into *seven* digits … I’m thinking, you can do it.
I’m not suggesting you’ll do EIGHT digits annually … or even seven. THAT requires a significant amount of work, and maybe even some luck. So let’s stick with more attainable outcomes, at least for now.
Making Money Online
When you want to make money online … you either:
a) pay a lot of money to get people to hear about you, or
b) you cause people to come to you without cost.
I prefer that latter and that is one of the most important variables to your success.
Online marketing is how you make money in life in 2015. People who don’t market online have very little chance of achieving any kind of financial success going forward. When you search for any phrase there are a few people/sites that the search engines consider the most important for you to see. You’re going to learn to be one of those people who end up in the search results.
And that is simply the beginning…
“But I can I really do it?”
Using the same strategies and techniques we’ve used to make a ZERO investment turn into *seven* digits … I’m thinking, you can do the same or at least half or a third or a quarter of that …
Do You Want A Systematic Approach?
This E-Course includes a detailed step by step systematic approach to results, so you can SEE HOW to do what you need to do. The delivery of this course is entirely online and all at your convenience.
It’s very different from any online course you’ve heard of and I direct it much differently than anything you’ve ever considered.
There are also comprehensive documents that reveal an almost endless array of what works, why, and how to implement. Perhaps most important is that for all marketing questions you will have, you get complete access to me for mentoring and coaching for 9 weeks.
Because Online Marketing of a new or existing “business” is evolving rapidly, we have JUST FINISHED dramatically updating and upgrading the course for you.
What helps most is that unlike a barrage of home study programs, with our team, you can ask questions that are important to you and your efforts 24/7 for two solid months as we progress step by step, day by day.
You’ll be right along side of people who have had an online business for several years.
Would You Like An Experienced Expert Mentor?
You have a MENTOR. (Actually a few this go ’round!) You get to ask someone who has those seven digits instead of the guy who works for the guy who would like to earn five digits. The difference is critical as should be obvious.
You have me at your email pleasure for as many hours as I’m awake. That’s most hours … I will answer EVERY question in copious detail so you have 100% understanding.
Question: What is the value of a 9+ week course if it brings in $100,000 in say 2015?
Well, I’ll tell you what it’s worth to me.
The answer is $10,000.
It’s like a finders fee.
When your website(s) NET revenues total $100,000, that’s when you pay 2/3 of the course tuition. Less than 1/3 of your tuition is paid in advance.
Perhaps you have paid for numerous big Internet Marketing packages.
That’s cool but will you REALLY do IT???!?!?! And even if you did, who would you have someone to communicate with every single day when you need help?
There’s no one there and the research says NO, you won’t use the program. Research says … the probability approaches zero.
You won’t fail because you won’t start.
The System you are going to learn is unlike anything you’ve seen or heard of before.
Is it Time for A Different Approach?
Building wealth on the web requires doing a number of simple things right. It requires doing a few more complicated things fairly well and it requires being able to master ONE of about 20 different marketing tools. That’s it … one.
Most Internet Marketers will tell you WHAT you need to know. I will show you HOW to do it and WHY so you can replicate results in the future.
Everything you learn in this experience is 100% for your business.
Your total knowledge of the web/internet/media today doesn’t have to even hit the radar. We walk you through everything, step by step.
For example: If I tell you that you are going to use video on your website … I’ll SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT in such a way that it works FAST and EASY. I won’t just say, “Oh, video on the website is really helpful …”
I’ll show you how to get video on a website for the world to see. (It’s not 1/10 as hard as you think it might be.)
I’ve learned to do things quickly, effectively and efficiently mostly because I am not tech savvy. I want to simply share with you what works and how to grow a successful online marketing Coffee Table Business.
100 Reasons To Do This Specific Course
Here are just some of the 100 key points reflecting what you will learn:
Note: There is no mandatory schedule you need to follow – you create your own schedule with Kevin to follow for the duration of the course. You WILL have Kevin for the asking via email 24-7.
1) How to get a web name in 2 minutes. (like kevinhogan.net)
2) How to start a website and have it UP in 55 minutes.
3) How to post the website to the Internet in 10 minutes.
4) How to get people to come to the website within 4 HOURS.
5) How to get the biggest search engines to direct people to you instead of your competitor, for free.
6) Exactly WHAT you need on your website to make your website popular. (Within days.)
7) How to engender love from search engines and develop a “long term relationship” with search engines, so you get more and more traffic your way quickly and for a long, long time.
8) Specific things you can do that will cause search engines to know your site is important enough to push you onto the first page.
9) How to KNOW what to sell on your website(s). Whether to start a Coffee Table Business or use the Internet to make your current business thrive.
10) Choosing products and services to sell.
“Kevin’s Internet Marketing and Web Wealth E-Course was excellent. He gave us LOADS of stuff to learn, and he also personally answered every single question I could throw at him. So now I have all the knowledge needed to successfully market ANY product. There’s no need to guess or wonder what some other guru knows that I don’t know because he gave us everything that actually works!” Jason Lowe, New Zealand
11) How to make a relatively nice income stream, without having to create a product or service yourself!
12) How to get other people to help you build your empire as quickly as possible. And not just how, but your team will indeed do this with you as you will help them do the same thing.
13) How to create a sales force of people, without cost, to tell the world about you…Try doing that in the brick and mortar world.
14) How to WRITE the copy (advertisements) that will sell the products and services you will earn money from.
15) How to know what to write.
16) Learn all the wrong ways to write that will cause any site to go broke.
17) Learn the EXACT WORDS and PHRASES that the pros use to bring in big numbers every year.
18) How to appeal to a very specific audience so your message doesn’t have to be wasted on people not interested in what you are selling.
19) Learn the art and science of writing copy.
20) Find out what sizes of print and what FONTS and COLORS of type make the most money the fastest.
21) Learn how to test, in just a few DAYS, what is working for YOU and change QUICKLY so there are NO WASTED DAYS in building your business.
22) Learn to do the things that sound complicated that can be SUPER EASY….like picking the right keywords for your website and the products you decide you want people to own.
23) How to let the search engines how you want your stuff to be promoted and referenced.
24) How to gain the trust of the search engines in a changing environment.
25) Search engines are getting smarter but they still don’t read like people. If I want to promote myself as a body language expert, my metatags and keywords might have to read “EXPERT BODY LANGUAGE” and not, “BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT.” I’ll show you how to figure this out in SECONDS.
“Kevin, I want to thank you for your Internet Marketing E-Course, as I was able to write a book (me! I wrote a book!) with the information you gave. I was a bit of a silent partner as I didn’t talk, email or respond with the group much, but I have learned a great deal and this course has been invaluable to me and my business. Thank you!” Betty Eastman, LCSW
26) Find out how to get other people to help you build your business…even your competitors. (REALLY) So all that you do every day…it’s all done so you are in total control of your own income.
27) How to get people to buy products you release today….today…yes…you make it, produce it and release it today…and it sells TODAY and it sells A LOT.
28) How to write an ad for that product that will actually work. (If you have written an ad before and discovered it failed miserably you know that almost ALL ads fail.)
29) How to develop LOYAL customers.
30) There is NOTHING more important in web marketing than using email or better, an “E-zine.” I’ll show you how to write your own Coffee with Kevin Hogan and have people caffeine CRAVING IT every week.
31) I’ll share with you the biggest risk I ever took in Internet Marketing. It has to do with Coffee with Kevin Hogan and it paid off like the lottery. NO ONE ELSE does this who has an e-zine. I’ll show you what it is and how I did it.
32) You’ll see specifically and in a step by step fashion, just how to get your e-zine DELIVERED into the email boxes around the world so it isn’t filtered as spam.
33) I’ll show you step by step how to develop LOYAL readers where everyone else just has their e-zine read rarely and often by accident.
34) You’ll learn whether or not you should promote specific products and services through your e-zine when you are approached.
35) People talk about their “lists” of one million people. Let me tell you that number means diddly. If you are on a LIST you are NEXT IN LINE at the hotel. I have READERS. People who want to read Coffee as much as they want to read Cosmo, Maxim or The Wall Street Journal. The difference between a LIST and YOUR READERS is ENORMOUS. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to have people KNOW they are important to you.
“Kevin, the Internet Marketing Course was great! I highly recommend Kevin Hogan’s web marketing and Internet E-Course to anyone who is serious about learning and implementing the nuts and bolts of having a profitable online business. Hogan without a doubt over-delivers on the information he provides. This course was well worth the price and way more. Again, if you are looking to learn and grow your Internet business, this course is for you. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, I highly recommend it.” Michael Roth, DC,www.rothwellnesscenter.com
36) I’ll show you how to develop a relationship with your readers, no matter how many your have…so that when you take a week off and your E-zine doesn’t show up in their mailbox, they are screaming at you and telling you they miss you!!!
37) You’ll learn EXACTLY the formula I have discovered for success using an E-zine in conjunction with your work.
38) I’ll show you how to get articles for your E-zine if you can’t write them all yourself. (Free articles that are surprisingly good.)
39) I’ll show you how to get the biggest names in your field to contribute articles to your fledgling E-zine.
40) FACT: The E-zine is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE of the Web Wealth puzzle. I’ll show you why and how to make sure nothing ever goes wrong.
41) I ‘ll show you EVERY secret I have learned about E-zines that will make you a LOT of money.
42) I will walk you through STEP BY STEP how I write Coffee with Kevin Hogan every week. Not so it’s the fastest, or easiest but so it’s the BEST.
43) How many OTHER E-zines do you read other than Coffee with Kevin Hogan? I get hundreds in my mail box every week. I read 7. That’s it. I’ll show you those seven and why I like them and why they are as profitable or MORE PROFITABLE than Coffee. Almost all E-zines are TERRIBLE. 99% is not a big enough number. People do NOT GET WHAT AN E-ZINE NEEDS TO DO. You will.
44) You will find out how to decide whether you should have a full color e-zine or a simple text e-zine. There is an EASY ANSWER for YOU and there are only THREE VARIABLES. But if you make the wrong decision, you go broke.
45) I’ll show you how to write a SUBJECT LINE. NOTHING IN YOUR ENTIRE BUSINESS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-ZINE each week. Not your product quality, not your website, not YOU, NOTHING. I will show you successful subject lines and then I’ll grab subject lines from my email box and show you what other people are doing that is wasting their time and their life.
46) I’ll show you how to make extra money once per month in your e-zine with an idea very few have ever thought of.
47) I’ll show you how to get your first 5,000 READERS as quickly as possible and compare them with the first 100,000 people on anyones list and show you why YOU WILL MAKE FAR MORE MONEY being valuable to your 5,000.
48) I’ll show you REAL SECRETS that will help you use your E-ZINE to boost web traffic to your website that NO ONE ELSE IS DOING RIGHT NOW. (They will be after they take the course.)
49) I’ll show you what NOT TO PUT IN YOUR E-ZINE so you save yourself legal problems.
50) I’ll show you what is necessary to make your e-zine 100% deliverable.