New Compliance Techniques
Part 1 of 2
The front page story in this morning’s (Sept. 7, 2014) is disturbing. The NYT has uncovered the fact that various governments are giving bucket loads of money to research institutions in Washington D.C. so that the researchers will find results that support various spending projects by the U.S. government.
Why give it to researchers?
People typically believe researchers and believe that research is always from an independent thinking, scientific mind. But that’s not the case.
I don’t like the idea of people buying influence any more than I do using influence to do that which is not in the great interest of your client or the general benefit of the unit (the girl, the family, the office, the company) you are serving.
Today you find out numerous methods to gain compliance at a deep and profound level.
Today you learn how influence is changing in YOUR WORLD.
“You are brilliant…”
Five years ago, you wrote your book and then you went out and sold your book.
Today you write a book, and you sell a book and then you sell a Kindle Book.
Does the publisher want to sell the book or the Kindle version? Does the publisher want to make the digital sale or shoot for the hard cover?
To say the world is changing is an understatement. Culture and technology are shifting many of the elements of influential communication.
“Kevin, I just moved and I realized how much I appreciate my Kindle. It’s a lot easier to move books and reading material on a Kindle than it is the ones you have to pack in all those boxes.”
That is true, of course. Portability is an understatement with Kindle. Does that matter in influencing someone to buy the Kindle book vs. the hardcover?
We’re studying that. We don’t know yet. What we do know is that what influences decisions today is not the same matrix it was a decade ago.
Other things are changing in what persuades.
I was taking a walk around Vegas with Dan Young at Influence: Boot Camp 2014. He’s one of our Inner Circle Members. One things we recognized everywhere around is rich use of color.
I have played cards at almost every hotel in town. But it had been some time since taking in some of the colorful and enjoyable stops between the games.
Environment changes perceptions. Environment changes memory. Environment changes how you and I are influenced. And color imprints images into the mind in unique ways.
The research on how various colors change minds and alters behavior is quite remarkable.
Different color walls change the behavior of students. Certain colors cause grades to rise. Other colors cause kids to be happier or sadder. The same colors that trigger students to improve don’t make them happier…
And primary colors always take me to Star Trek. Star Trek influenced the world. Part of the influence was in the stories. Some was in the scripting that generating dramatic identification. Some was in the characters. Some was more subtle…
Influence: A Context Impact
When I was at the Wynn Hotel looking around at some truly beautiful creations, my mind flew to Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek; because Star Trek is colors. Bold blues, greens, reds, yellows.
That triggered another thought about how almost everything in Star Trek has since materialized.
The Communicator? It is now your iPhone.
The computer? It is now the computer in your home. Information on SD cards you slip into the computer to read and on and on. The only thing we don’t have is the ability to lock in warp drive.
One thing about the Sci Fi future which is happening right now in 2014, is that people are losing much of their individual identity and, while that will continue, there is also backlash against that.
People want to be recognized as unique and colorful individuals themselves.
Of course people often, but NOT ALWAYS, want to blend into the woodwork.
Those two pieces of the “yes” puzzle are of megalithic importance.
It whizzes past everyone and it’s hard to imagine selling, marketing or being very persuasive without an understanding of this.
Imagine if all the walls on Star Trek were a uniform color. In Roddenberry’s world, everything is colorful.
All of those differentiating color schemes help make up for the lack of “stuff.” There is no clutter in the Roddenberry future. There is nothing but the simplest of wall decorations. Furnishings are minimalistic. People’s identity is “crew member” which eventually influenced two generations of people like Steve Jobs, because we all became part of the crew. It was easy to fit in. And then in 40 years pretty much everything that was Sci Fi in Star Trek is in use today.
All that’s missing are miniskirts/pants that fit on a physically fit population and, of course, light speed.
But individual identity?
The new persuasion “techniques” of compliance require you wire into another person’s identity. Write that down and turn the page.
How Does Your Stuff Influence?
Look around your house, your office, from where you sit.
You have stuff. Even clutter.
Look at the stuff on your shelf units or decorations. What is all that stuff, anyway?
A few years ago I wrote a detailed article about what the offices of some seriously successful people look like. You’d probably be surprised to know that most of the working spaces of great minds was pretty darned cluttered.
For our purpose today I’m more interested with the interests of all the surroundings on the people in the immediate area.
You can tell a lot about people by what they have around them. Where you live, how you live and what is in the immediate vicinity all influence you.
I live in an 8000 square foot home. The housekeeper says it’s like cleaning “a hotel.”
The great room (whatever that means) is as big as the first house I lived in with a family of 7 when I was a kid. Having grown up in a shoe box you learn to get everything done in a very small space.
For me I treasured my space. I also became very attached to some of the “stuff” in the environment, probably because we had so little stuff. I didn’t know it at the time of course but two pieces of furniture from my childhood are still in my house today. The dining room table and a hutch. My first step dad had made both before he died.
Memories, good and bad, get attached to stuff.
Most people who have homes like mine have $20,000 dining room sets.
I’ve got a dining room table that I couldn’t get $20 for. I never really notice it but when people come to visit who haven’t been here before, they notice. No one ever says, “hey you have a million dollar house, why don’t you have a table that you could actually sell at a garage sale in the city.”
To me, it’s the most important stuff in the house…and I have some stuff that I consider pretty cool.
That table influences my behavior. It triggers “family” and “love” and “decisions that matter” in my mind. Take the table and hutch away and you change performance, attitudes, behaviors, thoughts, emotions.
The very idea of replacing the table and hutch is something I’m not up to entertaining.
Family means a lot to me, and…
Stuff triggers a big part of who you are as a person.
Throw it away, and it changes your behavior, attitudes and emotions. Place it on the other side of the room and it changes you. It changes everyone who works or lives there. Some changes are good and some are not so good, but do understand that it changes.
That table is a daily reminder that family is first.
Adding Stuff Influences
Add one child (an object) to a family of 6, and the dynamics change.
Add a dog and the object (the dog) changes the environment and everyone’s interactions toward everyone else.
“You take the dog out, it was your damn idea to get the THING.”
Objects (stuff/people) in the environment that are available (you are able to immediately observe them) CHANGE YOU. They INFLUENCE you.
As you think about stuff, everything that occupies space that is available to you, you begin to understand influence in a dynamic fashion.
Identity Forms Around Your Stuff
When I was a kid, I collected coins. We had nothing, so I would work and save money. I’d ask to look through people’s change and ask if I could trade a Lincoln Memorial penny for a Wheat back penny. I knew someday the one would be worth more than the other and the person with a pocketful of change had money they were going to spend today or they’d be saving it. This was the first of two coin collections I had stolen when I was a kid. The first when I was 12, the second when I was 15. In both cases, I had put everything I earned into the collections to save for college. In those collections I developed part of an identity. A person who would save for the future. A person who recognized the value of having something to survive with when everything else in life goes wrong.
But, as time went on other parts of an identity formed. When people have things taken from them, they tend to:
a) Replicate that behavioral experience in the future.
b) They tend to develop generalized beliefs about people when part of their identity is taken from them.
If people are a victim of crime X, they tend to become a victim AGAIN in the future.
You and I change and influence the world around us, as well.
Stuff, your relationship to stuff, the significance of stuff – changes your beliefs, your attitudes, ideas, behaviors. It changes your trust level, your caring level and changes how you make decisions.
Step Two – The smallest of changes whether in a room, a scene or in the New Compliance Technique can cut compliance in HALF or DOUBLE “yes.” Write down, “Little Additions” and “Their Stuff.”
Influence: Stuff and Availability
Bring their past into the present?
STUFF INFLUENCES when it is AVAILABLE.
Objects influence dramatically.
Think about the teenager (like me when I was 17). I was HAPPY to be off to college. I was tired of the responsibility of being the eldest of 5 siblings in the home. 15 years of that role had worn thin and that caused massive friction between my Mom and my Self.
For a year, I had “threatened Mom” that I was leaving as soon as I could get to college. (Hee hee…this is so damn cute in retrospect.)
I was out the door. 17 years old.
My cousin took me to Vegas after I graduated. I played blackjack for 10 minutes until I figured I’d get carded. I went to the Folies Bergère at the Tropicana and watched 40 of the most beautiful women I had ever watched be more elegant than I ever had imagined. (Do experiences influence future experiences?!)
Then, University of Wisconsin. HA! “Freedom.”
I hated it.
I’d never seen so much alcohol and so many drugs in my life – and I grew up in Chicago.
I couldn’t study, I could rarely think the dorm was so loud.
And the guy in the room next door played all the music that would eventually drive me from the dorm….back home.
It was familiar at home. All of the stuff made sense to the brain. The objects in the house….the dog, my family, the odd smells of home.
You can only be so productive in 96 square feet, which was my half of the dorm room.
But, there was more to it than space alone. It was my roommate’s music, which could have been a lot “worse” (it was actually great for people who liked it, of course) and his stuff in my field of view just didn’t work for me. I wasn’t a cowboy, didn’t know anything about everything he knew about. The influences were all a disaster. Everything changed and I didn’t adapt. But I also had an out. I could go home. Had that option not been there, I’d have been in a different life situation.
What You See Influences You
I suspect you are like me in this respect:
I have books in book cases all over the house. The only ones that really influence me are the ones I read or the ones I have in my line of vision most of the time.
If those books weren’t there, behavior would change. Attitudes, emotions, ideas….they all change.
Your stuff influences you.
Imagine that your walls are blank. Nothing there. Just empty walls.
How do you feel inside?
Just imagine yourself taking down everything and setting it in a storage room.
You change. You feel empty. Things LOOK disturbing. It’s uncomfortable, it’s unfamiliar and you want to fix the problem.
Remember that, and we’ll come back to it.
Write down, “Bringing the Past into the Present can = SECURITY.” Then turn the page.
Giving and Getting Stuff
Experiences are stuff because they too get coded into your memory just like your stuff does. In fact, sometimes experiences are more important than stuff in influencing your Self and others.
When you give stuff (or experience things with) to other people, it definitely influences them and who they are and how they will behave.
You got a gift one year from someone who acquired the gift for free, like a promotional item.
That changes your behavior and emotions about your Self and it changes how you feel about the other person. It changes the relationship.
They got the calendar from the insurance guy for free…and then you got it at Christmas. The meaning behind the message is potent. No wonder the influence is so great.
Meanwhile, another person got you precisely what you would have bought your Self had you had the money and felt it would be OK to buy it for your Self.
You identify with that person. That person gets you. They read you. They actually care.
You feel very differently toward this person. You feel differently about your Self, as well. You behave differently once you have X when you didn’t have X before, and you like X.
The promotional item got tossed. It wouldn’t have, had the person been destitute, of course. But that isn’t generally the case. Ultimately, you were an after thought in one situation. In the other the person took time to think about you, who you are and what you like.
The Stuff You Save Influences
The stuff you save says a lot about what influences you.
I’ve saved a lot of little things over the years. The dining room table and the hutch are bold statements in one sense. Everyone sees them. There is a story in each. The little things show what influences as well. One thing I’ve saved is many letters and a few birthday cards from people who really mattered at a specific time. Or perhaps I’ve saved something someone signed who I cared about.
All of those things prove something to the brain…a self worth trigger. At some time you mattered to someone. Everyone hangs on to something. What is that for the people you communicate with?
It can be many things, but if you didn’t have those things you would behave differently.
Availability and Triggers
Today, you have your computer and it has all your files on it.
Most all of what is on your computer is not “available.” You can’t immediately see it.
You have to click to get it. It can never trigger you or influence you, only you can trigger it. If you are like most people you almost never will.
Triggers are generally gifts to the Self. Triggers get you up and moving.
Triggers help you make money. Triggers cause the impulse to act by asking the girl for a date.
Are there fewer triggers available in your environment?
KEY POINT: If there are fewer triggers available in your environment, then the introduction of a new trigger plays a greater role than it would have, say, a decade ago.
Being on someone’s Coffee Table today is easily worth double what it was one decade ago.
Your name in front of someone’s desk or table means far more today because there are fewer books, magazines and calendars out there to trigger you. That means when something with your name or connection is in front of someone else, the influence of that item is dramatically greater.
Write this down: The personal “touch” is becoming more important.
(And this is particularly in The New Compliance Trigger.)
The Steps up from the Foundation Now Completed
KEY POINT: Most everyone has “connections” and they are triggered by things that are personalized or individualized.
What do you open first when you get the mail?
The handwritten envelope or the envelope that had your name spelled incorrectly?
How many handwritten envelopes do you see each week?
Not too many?
That is likely to mean that in most cases they become more valuable because fewer are available.
If ANYTHING of significance is in that envelope, the contents are likely to stick around longer on the counter than if it was computer generated.
Understanding that personalized and individualized objects or hints of personalization can matter a great deal, consider just HOW that might look in the influencing someone.
The Post-it Note Influences More Than You Think
A couple of years ago I started studying various personalized and individualized objects. It turns out I wasn’t the only person who was interested in this influential gold mine.
You heard me talk about this at Boot Camp.
You’ve seen the sticky notes. Post-it Notes. They’re all over my counter. “Pick up this.” “Do that.” “Get this.”
They are more important and urgent than lists to attend to because they irritate the brain.
They take up space where it should be clean or look more uniform with the environment.
The brain wouldn’t fill in a Post-it note on the quick sweep of the room so when it sees the Post-it note, it would prefer that it NOT BE THERE.
Why? Because how we tell ourselves to get stuff done meets with different results depending on the medium we use to tell ourselves you also know that how you tell OTHER PEOPLE to do something changes the results you are going to achieve.
FACT: The exact information in a webinar vs. a book will cause different behaviors.
FACT: The exact information in a webinar vs. a salesletter gets different sales results.
FACT: The exact information written on a birthday card gets different results than when a handwritten letter is used with the exact same words.
FACT: The YouTube video with the exact same message as the segment that appeared on TV will have dramatically different behavioral results on the person.
The MEDIUM matters far more than most anyone can guess.
Post-It Notes are goofy and they don’t match the environment in any way. They are a nuisance.
That means a Post-It Note gets attention.
That means it gets priority.
The Post-it note influences.
Randy Garner of Sam Houston State University (Huntsville) did a brilliant series of studies on Post-It Notes and just how influential “they” are.
(The astute obviously generalizes this to concepts and not just a yellow Post-It note, right?!)
Garner knows that marketers and salespeople need people to act. You need people to do stuff you want them to do NOW. Getting people to comply with anything that requires effort is extremely valuable to you and me.
Write this down: Go buy Post It Notes…TODAY.
Here’s what Garner did.
He found out whether a Post It Note…with nothing written on it… influences.
Study One: Does the Post-it Note Really Influence?
In one study, he sent surveys by mail to a group of 150 professors. They would receive the following:
Group 1: A survey with a post-it note attached asking for the return of the completed survey.
Group 2: A survey with the same handwritten message on the cover letter instead of an attached post it note.
Group 3: A survey with cover letter, but no handwritten message.
Group 1 recipients returned in 76% of cases.
Group 2 48%
Group 3 36%
How would you like to DOUBLE the results you get in pretty much anything you want?
For a number of reasons, The Post-It Note is a goldmine. Garner nailed it before anyone else.
But it goes beyond “results,”; this is about understanding WHY the Post-It Note works so well. It represents MANY powerful behavioral triggers all in one little object.
- It doesn’t match the environment. The brain hates it.
- It gets attention first because of #1.
- It is PERSONALIZED. (Difference between Group 2 and Group 3)
- It is personalized to the point of an afterthought. (Difference between 1 and 2)
- Ultimately, it is ONE PERSON communicating with ANOTHER IMPORTANT PERSON. Almost as if it is a favor or special request.
Study Two: Is There Magic in a Little Post-it Note?
Garner has found the goldmine, but wants to see if there is magic in the Post-It Note that we might not be able to explain but regardless would be incredibly valuable.
He’s going to send a group in Study 2 a BLANK Post-It Note attached to one of the groups.
Group 1 A survey with a post it Note message.
Group 2 A survey with a BLANK Post-It Note attached.
Group 3 A survey with NO Post-It Note.
Now what happens in this second study?
Group 1 (roughly the same packaging as Group 1 in the first study) 69% returned.
Group 2 43% returned with a BLANK Post-It Note
Group 3 34% returned with NO Post-It Note
There MIGHT be a little magic in the actual Post-It Note, but the reality is …probably not. This is about Identity. The person sending the survey is PERSONALLY asking me in a SPECIAL way (not just writing on the survey) to help him out.
Dr. Garner could easily have stopped here, but there is more to this than Ultimate Compliance.
Study Three: Does the Post-it Note Influence Speed of Compliance?
How FAST would people get back a follow-up survey if there was a Post-It Note attached AND how MUCH information would the person being surveyed return with that Post-It Note there vs. a group of faculty with no Post-It Note?
Group 1 64% returned the packet in a SASE.
Group 2 42% returned the packet. (Similar to study 2 Group 3)
Group 1 returned their SASE and survey an average of about 4 days.
Group 2 returned their SASE and survey in an average of about 5 1/2 days.
Group 1 sent significantly more comments and answered other open ended questions with more words than did Group 2.
That’s where most University research stops.
What makes Garner’s special is that he wants to demonstrate whether this only aids compliance in simpler requests, or if the effect carries to more involved tasks.
Study Four: Does a Personalized Post-it Note Create Even More Magic?
Garner sends 90 participants a long survey and 90 a short survey (one half the size).
Each group was subdivided into 3 smaller groups.
Group A received a Post-It Note request.
Group B received a PERSONALIZED Post-It Note request with the person’s name on it as well as “thank you” and Garner’s initials at the bottom of the sticky note.
Group C received NO Post-It Note
Post-It Note / Personalized Note / No Note
Long Version 40% / 67% / 13%
Short Version 70% / 77% / 33%
It appears that if the task is simple, the simple Post-It Note request needs no further personalization. The effect is strong and significant in both experimental conditions.
But, when the task is more involved, the Personalized Note was significantly more effective than the simple standard Post-It Note request.
Use Caution: Post-it Note Influence is Covert Influence
In follow-up conversations, recipients often reported either not remembering the post-it note or that it wasn’t important to them.
Garner’s research is a landmark series of studies in influence. Subtle influence can cause compliance if you use the correct triggers. And to use the correct triggers means you have to think about what matters in influence.
Influence is power. Pure and simple. Be wise when you implement that power.
Answer: Availability is Key to Action
I wanted the book, Invisible Influence to be something special. Whenever I’m working on something that is a top priority I cover the FLOOR with papers.
I had 1000++ square feet covered in the lower level with research papers, articles I’ve written, press releases from persuasion research, ideas for the book.
My problem of course was to whittle down 4000 pages and hone in on the most useful, coolest stuff without writing a “potpourri” book with 50 chapters that are 3 pages each. (Maybe I’ll do that next time.)
Once I put the clutter away, the amount of writing I did each day dramatically reduced. When I could walk the path it was easy because I looked at the titles and picked and chose what people need to know. But when you clean up, it’s a lot more difficult. This is why a lot of authors pin pages to their walls. Putting it on a computer is not efficient or helpful.
Key Point: You need the stimulus AVAILABLE.
That is a key concept. YOU want to be on THEIR Coffee Table. Being on their Kindle doesn’t do you diddly.
But we’ll come there next time.
The pages on the floor trigger ideas, combinations of ideas, overviews of available knowledge. Without the trigger, there is no ACTION.
and Web Wealth
9+ Week E-Course
with Kevin Hogan, Psy.D.
Next Course begins September 30, 2104 – Pre-register and save!
“Will YOU be the next person to do “six figures” annually on the Internet?”
Before we begin, go to Google and real quick search for:
- Body Language Expert
- How to Read Minds
- Reading Body Language
- Communication Exercise
- Covert Persuasion
- Millionaire Mind
And in each case, if you click through, you’ll notice at least one return on page one for these phrases.
I tell this because it’s crucial to my business model…being on page one of Google for what *you* choose.
When you want to make money online… you either:
a) pay a lot of money to get people to hear about you or
b) you cause the search engines to bring people to you by the hand.
We could search for two dozen other phrases, but you get the point. (Sometimes appearing 3 or 4 times on the same front page!)
Using the same strategies and techniques we’ve used to make a ZERO investment turn into *seven* digits…I’m thinking, you can do the same or at least half or a third or a quarter of that…
A few people have taken what I’ve done and turned it into EIGHT digits annually…THAT requires a significant amount of work, and maybe even some luck. So let’s stick with more attainable outcomes, at least for now.
This E-Course includes a detailed step by step systematic approach to these kinds of results, so you can SEE HOW to do what you need to do… The delivery of this course is almost all on your computer and it includes video and audio files (lots and lots of both), and written material along with complete access to me for mentoring and coaching.
Because Online Marketing of a new or existing “business” is evolving rapidly, we have dramatically updated and upgraded the course for this time around.
It is quite …excellent.
What helps most is that unlike a barrage of home study programs, with our team, you can ask questions that are important to you and your efforts 24/7. And for two solid months as we progress step by step, day by day.
You have a MENTOR. (Actually a few this go ’round!)
You have me at your email pleasure for as many hours as I’m awake. That’s most hours….I will answer EVERY question in copious detail so you have 100% understanding.
Question: What is the value of a 9+ week course if it brings in $100,000 in say 2013?
Well, I’ll tell you what it’s worth to me.
When your website(s) NET revenues total $100,000, that’s when you pay 2/3 of the course tuition. Less than 1/3 of your tuition is paid in advance.
Some people sell you an Internet Marketing package for say, $5,000.
A bunch of DVD’s or CD’s and a manual and that’s cool but will you REALLY do IT???!?!?!
Research says NO. Research says…the probability approaches zero.
You won’t fail because you won’t start.
So I’ve once again made use of this schedule for tuition.
Fair? I’ll be back to tuition shortly.
The System you are going to learn is unlike anything you’ve seen or heard of before.
Building wealth on the web requires doing a number of simple things right. It requires doing a few more complicated things fairly well and it requires being able to master ONE of about 20 different marketing tools. That’s it…one.
Most Internet Marketers will tell you WHAT you need to know. I will show you HOW to do it and WHY.
Everything you learn in this experience is 100% for your business.
Your total knowledge of the web/internet/media today doesn’t have to even hit the radar. We walk you through everything, step by step.
For example: If I tell you that you are going to use video on your website….I’ll SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT in such a way that it works FAST and EASY. I won’t just say, “Oh, video on the website is really helpful…”
I’ll show you how to get video on your website for the world to see. (It’s not 1/10 as hard as you think it might be.)
BECAUSE I HAVE A VERY LIMITED SCOPE OF COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE YOU LEARN ALL “THE SHORTCUTS” I’ve learned to do things quickly and efficiently.
Here are just some of the 100 Keypoints reflecting what you will learn:
Note: There is no mandatory schedule you need to follow – you create your own schedule to follow for the duration of the course (although you WILL have Kevin at your disposal to ask questions via email 24-7).
1) How to get a web name in 2 minutes. (like kevinhogan.net)
2) How to start a website and have it UP in 55 minutes.
3) How to post the website to the Internet in 10 minutes.
4) How to get people to come to the website within 4 HOURS.
5) How to get the biggest search engines (google, yahoo, msn, aol) to direct people to you instead of your competitor, for free. (within 2 days)
6) Exactly WHAT you need on your website to make your website popular. (Within days.)
7) How to make those search engines fall in love with you and send more and more traffic your way. We’ve gotten EVERY participant in past courses, ON GOOGLE within a few days.
8) Specific things you can do with nothing more than typing a letter that will make the search engines think your site is important enough to push you onto the first page at google, yahoo and msn. Within 7-14 days.
9) How to KNOW what to sell on your website(s). Whether to start a Coffee Table Business or use the Internet to make your current business thrive.
10) Choosing products and services to sell.
“Kevin’s Internet Marketing and Web Wealth E-Course was excellent. He gave us LOADS of stuff to learn, and he also personally answered every single question I could throw at him. So now I have all the knowledge needed to successfully market ANY product. There’s no need to guess or wonder what some other guru knows that I don’t know because he gave us everything that actually works!” Jason Lowe, New Zealand
11) How to make a relatively nice stream of you know what, without having to create a product or service yourself!
12) How to get other people to help you build your empire as quickly as possible. And not just how but your team will indeed do this with you as you will help them do the same thing.
13) How to create a sales force of people to tell the world about you…
14) How to WRITE the copy (advertisements) that will sell the products and services you will offer.
15) How to know what to write.
16) Learn all the wrong ways to write that will cause any site to go broke.
17) Learn the EXACT WORDS and PHRASES that the pros use to sell outlandish amounts of dollars every year.
18) How to appeal to a very specific audience so your message doesn’t have to be wasted on people not interested in what you are selling.
19) Learn the art and science of copywriting.
20) Find out what sizes of print and what FONTS and COLORS of type make the most money the fastest.
21) Learn how to test in just a few DAYS what is working for YOU and change QUICKLY so there are NO WASTED DAYS in building your business.
22) Learn to do the things that sound complicated that can be SUPER EASY….like picking the metatags and keywords for your website.
23) How to know what words to choose as your “metatags” so that google knows what you would LIKE your webpages to be known for.
24) How to display your metatags and keywords so that the search engines trust you.
25) Search engines don’t read like people. If I want to promote myself as a body language expert, my metatags and keywords might have to read “EXPERT BODY LANGUAGE” and not, “BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT.” I’ll show you how to figure this out in SECONDS.
“Kevin, I want to thank you for your Internet Marketing E-Course, as I was able to write a book (me! I wrote a book!) with the information you gave. I was a bit of a silent partner as I didn’t talk, email or respond with the group much, but I have learned a great deal and this course has been invaluable to me and my business. Thank you!” Betty Eastman, LCSW bettyeastmanlcsw.com
26) Find out how to get other people to help you build your business…even your competitors. (REALLY) So all that you do every day…it’s all done so you are in total control of your own income.
27) How to get people to buy products you release today….today…yes…you make it, produce it and release it today…and it sells TODAY and it sells A LOT.
28) How to write an ad for that product that will actually work. (If you have written an ad before and discovered it failed miserably you know that almost ALL ads fail.)
29) How to develop LOYAL customers.
30) There is NOTHING more important in web marketing than using email or better, an “E-zine.” I’ll show you how to write your own Coffee with Kevin Hogan and have people CRAVING IT every week.
31) I’ll show you the biggest risk I ever took in Internet Marketing. It has to do with Coffee with Kevin Hogan and it paid off like the lottery. NO ONE ELSE does this who has an e-zine. I’ll show you what it is and how I did it.
32) I’ll show you how, step by step to get your e-zine DELIVERED into the email boxes around the world so it isn’t filtered as spam.
33) I’ll show you step by step how to develop LOYAL readers where everyone else just has their ezine read rarely and often by accident.
34) You’ll learn whether or not you should promote specific products and services through your ezine when you are approached.
35) People talk about their “lists” of one million people. Let me tell you that number means diddly. If you are on a LIST you are NEXT IN LINE at the hotel. I have READERS. People who want to read Coffee as much as they want to read Cosmo, Maxim or The Wall Street Journal. The difference between a LIST and YOUR READERS is ENORMOUS. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to have people KNOW they are important to you.
“Kevin, the Internet Marketing Course was great! I highly recommend Kevin Hogan’s web marketing and Internet E-Course to anyone who is serious about learning and implementing the nuts and bolts of having a profitable online business. Hogan without a doubt over-delivers on the information he provides. This course was well worth the price and way more. Again, if you are looking to learn and grow your Internet business, this course is for you. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, I highly recommend it.” Michael Roth, DC, www.rothwellnesscenter.com
36) I’ll show you how to develop a relationship with your readers, no matter how many your have…so that when you take a week off and your E-zine doesn’t show up in their mailbox, they are screaming at you and telling you they miss you!!!
37) You’ll learn EXACTLY the formula I have discovered for success using an E-zine in conjunction with your work.
38) I’ll show you how to get articles for your E-zine if you can’t write them all yourself. (Free articles that are surprisingly good.)
39) I’ll show you how to get the biggest names in your field to contribute articles to your fledgling E-zine.
40) FACT: The E-zine is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE of the Web Wealth puzzle. I’ll show you why and how to make sure nothing ever goes wrong.
41) I ‘ll show you EVERY secret I have learned about Ezine’s that will make you a LOT of money.
42) I will walk you through STEP BY STEP how I write Coffee with Kevin Hogan every week. Not so it’s the fastest, or easiest but so it’s the BEST.
43) How many OTHER Ezine’s do you read other than Coffee with Kevin Hogan? I get hundreds in my mail box every week. I read 7. That’s it. I’ll show you those seven and why I like them and why they are as profitable or MORE PROFITABLE than Coffee. Almost all Ezine’s are TERRIBLE. 99% is not a big enough number. People do NOT GET WHAT AN EZINE NEEDS TO DO. You will.
44) You will find out how to decide whether you should have a full color ezine or a simple text ezine. There is an EASY ANSWER for YOU and there are only THREE VARIABLES. But if you make the wrong decision, you go broke.
45) I’ll show you how to write a SUBJECT LINE. NOTHING IN YOUR ENTIRE BUSINESS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EZINE each week. Not your product quality, not your website, not YOU, NOTHING. I will show you successful subject lines and then I’ll grab subject lines from my email box and show you what other people are doing that is wasting their time and their life.
46) I’ll show you how to make extra money once per month in your e-zine with an idea very few have ever thought of.
47) I’ll show you how to get your first 5,000 READERS as quickly as possible and compare them with the first 100,000 people on anyone else’s list and show you why YOU WILL MAKE FAR MORE MONEY.
48) I’ll show you REAL SECRETS that will help you use your EZINE to boost web traffic to your website that NO ONE ELSE IS DOING RIGHT NOW. (They will be after they take the course.)
49) I’ll show you what NOT TO PUT IN YOUR EZINE so you save yourself legal problems.
50) I’ll show you what is necessary to make your ezine 100% legal. (and pretty soon legislation will pass that will put most ezine’s out of business)
51) I will show you benefits and drawbacks of software programs that can help your business….or not. (Including email programs, linking programs, website enhancement programs, etc.)
52) I’ll tell you THREE PIECES OF SOFTWARE YOU NEED TO GET RICH.
53) I’ll tell you the secret of WHY I still have an AOL account and use it A LOT in my business…and how much money it makes me because of it.
54) I’ll show you how to make your website an EXTENSION OF YOU. I will step by step take you through a process that will make YOU a celebrity and your website almost a part of your persona.
55) I’ll show you how your website should read and look so they feel you are there with them when they are at your site.
56) I’ll show you how to make money….a lot of it…while you sleep…for real…
57) I’ll show you how to take credit cards….without spending thousands!
58) I’ll show you how to determine WHICH company to use and WHY.
59) I’ll show you how to select a company to host your store (if you are going to have one).
60) I’ll show you why I took the time and started FIVE blogs. (I don’t even LIKE THEM…but you need to have them…and I’ll show you how to do it all for free and make money on the process!)
61) What do the Kardashians do to stay on top of Celebrity Ratings every week? I’ll show you and show you hot to do it…for you.
62) I’ll show you how I know before ANYONE what is going to be hot this year in web and internet technology. You will be shocked but almost NO ONE outside of the adult entertainment business knows this secret….and now you will.
63) I will tell you the REAL RESOURCES on the web for making money, who knows there stuff, who is full of hot air and who you need to be watching.
64) I will give you a simple formula to balance time for your family and friends and time for your business. That means giving up profits somewhere ….sometimes… but not forever. This module alone is worth the world to me.
65) I’m going to TAKE YOU BY THE HAND and WALK YOU IN MICROSTEPS to start your INTERNET BUSINESS in less than 72 hours.
66) You will learn how to build a website for less than $90. And it will be profitable FAST.
67) If you aren’t selling yourself (and even if you are) I’m going to show you how to find the top 20 HOTTEST selling products on the ENTIRE WEB and how you can be selling them on DAY ONE you are up and online. (Read that again.)
68) I’m going to show you how you can either partially or FULLY automate your website, depending on the purpose of the site…so you can spend time sleeping, eating and with the kids or your girlfriend.
69) Not everyone can be Page #1 at google, but I’ll show you how I got there for a lot of keywords and how important it is that you do what I tell you so YOU ARE TOO!
70) You’ll learn how to get THOUSANDS of QUALIFIED visitors to your site for FREE.
There are so many people like you and me that are making a fortune on the web. Most people I know on the web make far more than a neurosurgeon and our incomes make pilots and some sports stars blush.
71) You can be ON THE BEACH and making money under the cabana or umbrella.
72) You can do what needs to be done daily from ANYWHERE on this planet and occasionally on the airplane! You have a business without rent, walls or doors.
73) You will learn how to make “digital” products and “ebooks” so fast it will make your head swim (in dollars or euro’s).
74) I’ll show you how to write a GOOD EBOOK in a FEW WEEKS. Not some piece of junk as 96% are…but a GOOD EBOOK that is VALUABLE to your customer…and that they will happily pay $47 for….and you have ZERO COST.
75) I’ll show you how to create hard products for sale in less than a month. (Sorry, no BS here. I could show you a bunch of junky ways to get stuff done in two weeks at first but let’s do it right!)
“I recently took your Internet Marketing Course and I was ‘blown away’ by the content and quality of the course. It exceeded my wildest expectations. I was more than pleased. I have recommended your course to many business associates and would encourage anyone who wants to ‘master’ the Internet to take your course. I am still amazed at the content and deliverables you provided! Job well done!” Steven Chambers, stevechambers.com
76) I’ll show you how to sell OTHER people’s products and services and not have to ship anything…not take a credit card…and have no customer service and still get paid HALF of the sale!!!!….
77) I have pages on my website that people stay for 4,5, and 6 MINUTES. This is unheard of on the internet. The longer people stay, the more likely they are to buy. I will show you ALL of my secrets!
78) I’ll show you how to build your opt in list of subscribers without having ANY traffic to your website at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
79) Think you can’t make sales? I’ll show you the best technique on the planet, especially when you are NEW with the product or new in business.
80) I’ll show you the facts behind whether you should take Pay Pal and other forms of money transfer. I’ll tell you the costs, risks and rewards involved!
81) Should you offer a money guarantee? Sometimes YES and sometimes NO. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to know WHEN to do WHICH.
82) You’ll learn how to advertise your business for free…in hundreds and THOUSANDS of places on the web.
83) I’ll show you how to take advantage of amazon.com’s amazing ranking on google to help build YOUR business.
84) You’ll learn how to talk to the best affiliates in the world and convince them to sell YOUR products.
85) Want to know how to use Google AdSense and Google Ad Words? These hot commodities can make you or break the bank. I’ll show you what to do and HOW.
86) I will show you EXACTLY how to outsource to get people to work for you so you don’t have to. YOU DON’T HAVE TO KNOW IT ALL!!! (or do it all either!)
87) Increase your profits by leveraging the work of others in emerging countries like Romania.
88) Learn how to make the most possible money with what you have by EASY testing and tracking.
89) Learn how to use SIMPLE email strategies to put a system of income generation on literal automatic pilot. (LITERAL)
90) Email marketing isn’t just an E-zine. There’s more that can be done to turn big profits!
91) I will show you how to CONVERT visitors INTO CUSTOMERS. This is the crucial step in Internet marketing that no one talks about, because it’s the most difficult. I’ll show you how!
92) Learn the key strategies to get FREE traffic. I had almost 1000 people become Coffee with Kevin Hogan readers LAST WEEK. Not people on a list…we filtered OUT almost 9,000 people! NO. I’m talking READERS. You need to learn how to do this.
93) Learn the lead generation strategies of the pros!
94) Linking has NEVER been more important than NOW. 10 links from your friends aren’t likely to be anywhere near as valuable as ONE LINK from kevinhogan.com. You need to know WHO to link to. I’ll show you how to find out and WHAT TO DO TO GET THOSE CRUCIAL LINKS.
95) I’ll show you how to dominate the search engines. I’ll take you through step by step the FREE process I use to get my #1 or in some cases top ten rankings at Google!
96) I’m not going to say you need a marketing empire. but if you want it, I’ll show you how to do it!
97) Pay Per Click is growing FAST on Facebook and it’s bigger than Google. MUCH BIGGER. I’ll show you what to do and how NOT to get ripped off for everything including your shirt.
98) Learn how to advertise with the web and OTHER PEOPLE’S EMAIL….yes…for free and better than that: PROFITABLY.
99) Learn in such a way that IS EASY, NONTECHNICAL, NOTHING COMPLICATED IN ANY WAY. I EXPLAIN EVERYTHING which means it’s got to be SIMPLE.
100) Ask any question at any time during the 9-week course…and you WILL have your answers!
“The most remarkable thing about doing Kevin Hogan’s Internet Marketing Course was one week after we started, I had a website up and running! This is not the usual type of course where you receive all the subject matter and it sits on your shelf until you find the time for it, oh, no! Kevin is involved. Every day he send you emails with attachments. He takes you step by step through the process, especially in the beginning when you really need it. It’s in your best interest to keep up with the group, and whatever questions you have, he answers them all. You will receive absolutely everything you need to know about the Internet. Something else that would never have happened without Kevin, is that my website was spidered by Google 4 days after it was published, and Google still comes by every 3 or 4 days like clockwork. A month later, my site had a page ranking of three. For a newcomer going it alone, this is unheard of. The course was worth every penny. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in setting up an Internet company, big or small.” Sharon Dell, Durban, South Africa
Apply below NOW or continue reading….
Every day I look at beautiful websites designed by creative geniuses that do absolutely nothing in net profits. (notice that word “NET”)
And I see websites that I can instantly tell you are making money. They look like they were designed by one of my kids….which is one of the ways you know….they will do well.
There are lots of great books and DVD’s and CD’s about making money on the internet and to date I have yet to see a comprehensive package.
There are lots of programs that show you how to build a website. (This is no longer complicated. I’ll show you how to build a website by typing as if you were typing any other document on your computer.)
Problem is having a website does you nothing if you have nothing to sell…or if you don’t know how to write in such a way that it compels your reader to trust you and buy from you….or if you don’t know how to GET PEOPLE TO YOUR WEBSITE…or if you ….get the idea?
There are lots of programs that address any part of the factors in building wealth on the web. I own a bunch and I’ve learned a lot over the years. But NO ONE has put together the COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM.
And of course when my mentor says, “Kevin, you need to put an E-Course out there that shows people how to do EVERYTHING involved in making a successful web business. Not just one aspect….and it has to be simple, fast and really work.”
And even I felt overwhelmed…. and it takes a lot to get me overwhelmed.
I mean that’s like saying, “Show people how to build a city, make it easy, simple, something that will generate more participants in the future from viral marketing and that will not take every second of your life….”
But because all of this is fun and there is actually no part of making money on the web that can’t be done by literally anyone with a 5th grade education…then it should be relatively do-able….
And it turned out it was.
If you think of a sport like football, basketball or baseball….you know that if you take out any one player…and play one man short….you are going to get creamed.
And that’s ultimately what web marketing comes down to.
There are lots of nuances that the experts and internet marketing scientists figure out and I LOVE to learn that stuff. BUT the fact is that the big pieces of the pie are far more important than the nuances in this game.
In fact, you can be an expert at say, getting traffic to your site…but if you have stuff that no one will look at for whatever reason…you make zero dollars. I don’t care if you can double that traffic. It doesn’t matter.
You MUST have ALL the pieces in place before you even CONSIDER working on the nuances.
As I look back at what I’ve accomplished on the Web, I know that it wasn’t the awesome website or the beautifully packaged program or the powerful search engine optimization (and yes, you want to evolve beyond basics) BUT it was having ALL the pieces in place… all the pieces of the puzzle operating competently that caused millions of dollars of business.
Everyday I learn something new but those things alone would never have gotten me where I am.
That required putting together a SYSTEM. And people need systems.
In this program I’ll take you to my original website. It wasn’t KevinHogan DOT com back in those days.
I’m going to show you exactly why good things happened. THE SYSTEM was in place. The technology was terrible, the design was not impressive, the programs had inexpensive designs.
THE SYSTEM was in place.
And what I’ve done is modeled what I’ve done and put it out there for you.
I’ve helped a number of other people put their business into the system. They seem to have done alright. Many have far outperformed what I’ve done. (Not even a question actually….)
I want you to LEARN THE SYSTEM.
THEN go and learn all the nuances and stay current in what is working in copywriting, promotional content, search engine optimization nuances.
THE SYSTEM: If you work the system it’s likely you will do six figures annually. How many of those six figures you do is up to you.
Unlike what some people tell you, it does take effort. In fact, anyone who says it doesn’t is kidding you. (There’s other ways to say this and be less polite…)
Effort IS required because it is a competitive arena.
BUT, I’ve never met ANYONE with basic education and knowledge that couldn’t do this easily.
I’m literally going to walk you through step by step as to what to do.
If you have taken my course on Professional Speaking or How to Write, Publish and Sell Your Book, you know that this is where my work may be more helpful than anyone’s out there.
I don’t leave out important steps and make you buy that product later. (Not that anyone would do such a thing…)
You’re going to learn it all and learn how to do it the only real way it’s going to predictably work.
And, just like one sentence in a contract as a speaker for a convention can cost or earn you an extra $20,000..and just like a similar sentence in a book contract is almost guaranteed to cost you at least $15,000 in royalties…I’m going to show you all the crucial elements of making the Internet work for you.
The only time I will get into nuances is when they are SIGNIFICANT to your SUCCESS.
THEN you will plod with me through some lengthier projects. Like writing copy. (An ad.)
Writing an ad is something that doesn’t come intuitively. Perhaps 1 in 10,000 people in business can actually write an ad. Perhaps 1 in 100 people in advertising can write an ad.
I’m going to show you how to write an ad…what is known as a “Sales Letter.”
I’m going to show you how to write a PROFITABLE ad.
And I’ll show you a dozen or so ways to spot an ad that won’t work.
And I’ve got plenty in my archives of things I tried and failed back in the late 1990’s.
Everyone has a learning curve. I learn fast but boy learning can be painful.
My role here is to take the five or ten years of learning pain and reduce it down into two months.
EVERYONE who learns how to make real money in business of any kind either suffers pain over the long term or if they are very lucky…only during the learning period. For you, we will move FAST.
I’m going to show you WHAT to put on your website.
I’m going to show you HOW to put it on your website.
I’m going to show you EXACTLY how to KNOW if it’s working or not.
There are no, “I wonder what I should do’s” in this course.
You are going to tell me up front if you have something specific you want to make money with. Maybe promoting yourself, your practice, your services or your products.
Or, if you want to sell other people’s stuff….
THEN we’re going to put together THE PLAN.
It takes about 4 hours to do this. IT IS WORK. IF you won’t do this, do NOT sign up for this course. Spare me the irritation.
I will make suggested alterations in your plan. Then it will be in stone (for awhile).
Then…forgive me, but I’m going to TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, and you need to listen. (OUCH)
If that scares you….thank goodness…you are a normal human being. It took me a LONG TIME to just listen to my mentor.
“Kevin, you are going to design the most comprehensive E-Course on Professional Speaking out there.”
“You gotta be kidding?”
And then I did it. Period. There’s no time to dink around. Time is money. Time is love. To waste or abuse time is not in my nature. It won’t be in yours either.
“As a complete self-confessed Internet amateur I started the Internet Marketing & Wealth Building Course both excited and challenged. Well, all my expectations were surpassed and then some. The information and knowledge has allowed me to feel and be ahead of the game when it comes to working via the web for business and wealth creation. Kevin was more than just a mentor, he was my motivator and friend. Throughout the course, Kevin was always ready and available to help and assist. His mate