WHEN you ask someone to say “yes,” is much more important than how you ask that person.
What day of the week matters more than you could guess.
What hour of the day you ask is condition critical.
What time of the month could make all the difference in the world.
Thus far, I’ve talked with you about the most subtle factors influence. Today I want to talk to you about another subtle but powerful Influence Factor.
For many years, I sold advertising.
Later, I also managed people who sold advertising. 8 – 12 appointments in person, per day.
For a few years after that I did fundraising for charities, also by appointment – asking business owners and managers for sponsorships and donations. Perhaps 10 appointments per day.
Interwoven in these experiences were a couple of stints as a telemarketing manager and a fundraising manager for a large national foundation.
The experience of one person is usually enough to set up experiments and do research to test what is learned from that person’s experience. In other words, does the experience of Kevin Hogan generalize to other situations with different people involved? I never really knew until I took my experiences to companies where I would manage fundraising or sales “teams.”
Through thousands of appointments for which I was religious in my bookkeeping, by choice for myself or company requirement for employees, I discovered many interesting revelations.
When matters more than how.
When selling advertising, two trends emerged that seemingly had nothing to do with me or the presentation I used. Meeting with owners and managers took place Monday through Friday.
I found that I sold almost half of all the advertising in a week I would sell on Monday. I also sold the highest percentage of my appointments kept on Monday. When I trained people, I would do everything in my power as a manager to get salespeople to see owners early in the week when possible. Work long 10-12 hour days if possible, early each week. These results were similar in both fundraising and in selling.
The second finding was strange.
For over 5 years, I sold the majority of my earlier morning appointments. Appointments right before lunch time tended to be not as impressive. My 2:00 appointments were exceptional and after that I sold a thin minority of prospects the balance of the day. I still can remember my Daytimer being asterisked heavily on the top of the day and relatively starless at the bottom of the day. 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00 appointments were terrible all week long.
When I was a phone room manager, we kept pinpoint accurate records of numbers of calls, sales made for the sales company and donations for the nonprofits. Hours were 3 – 9 pm for some organizations I worked with and 4 – 9 with others, and in all cases we were calling homeowners.
The afternoon appointments, we pondered, should do the best – as the homeowner would have fewer distractions. After dinner we figured would do worse. That was not the case selling coupon books. That was not the case selling people to visit a timeshare resort. That was not the case asking for donations or block workers.
In reality, in all cases, the *opposite* was the fact.
Across this spectrum we always found the same thing.
Best time of day for making money?
On a percentage basis, we did relatively poorly from 3 – 5 PM. This was true whether I was doing the calling, my star reps or the people we were hiring almost off the streets.
Going into our 20 minute break, which generally was around 5:30 PM for most companies, we may have made payroll. The dinner hour of 5:30 – 6:30 was typically decent in results; and then the rest of the evening we were brilliant.
That 2 1/2 hours from 6:30 – 9:00 we sold (or raised money) more per person reached by phone than the first half of the evening by over 2:1.
In telemarketing, whether for charity or selling, or getting people to go to a timesharing event, statistical records were everything.
I remember at one resort, the owners were expected at dinner time. We had a crummy afternoon, which was no surprise. This one particular day which was around Christmas, they were blessedly late and as they arrived around 7:30, we were handing in slips like we were printing them from the Federal Reserve!
At the time, I wasn’t able to fully explain these bizarre results.
It simply made no sense to me that from 7 – 9 you’d sell 2 or 3 times as many people answering the phone as you would from 3 – 5:30. For years, whether making my own calls or training this simply was the case.
And as with my personal appointments in advertising sales and face to face fundraising, once again, Monday and Tuesday in all businesses I worked for or managed, were far superior in dollars generated.
It took me two decades before I finally pieced together a prediction and then came across what I believe are the answers, in just the last few years.
Why Is This Happening?
The summation, then the reason – and how you can use this to your best advantage.
Over nonprofit and very for-profit, selling and fundraising, advertising, coupon books, timesharing – it was universally true that Monday and Tuesday are the highest for per capita sales and dollars generated.
Wednesday and Thursday were a waste of time. There were a few blips, like Friday night for telemarketing fundraising or for profit, was EXCELLENT.
There are other minor nuances I discovered and tracked that are exceptions, but, generally speaking you made money on Monday and Tuesday, you did OK Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was not so good except in the telemarketing niches where late Friday night was excellent on dollars per answered call, equaling only Monday results.
Early in the morning was typically far superior to late morning. After lunch was generally good but late afternoon was universally poor in person (and as mentioned above, on the phone as well).
Retrospectively I see three factors that wire into the results.
Each year that passed, my skills in getting to “yes,” increased significantly. I remember many, many, many days when I would begin 5 – 0 or 6 – 0, wondering if I would run the table and hear “Yes,” all day. That never happened when I had more than 8 appointments in a day. But many, many times I was perfect through the first 5 or 6 appointment of the day.
So why couldn’t I get the last 3 -6 appointments to say “yes?” I don’t ever remember having a perfect afternoon/evening. (Running the table of 5 or 6 appointments after lunch.)
It drove me nuts until I did research in Self Regulation Units where I figured out the first part of the “problem.”
How do Self Regulation Units appear and disappear?
What Time Do Your Self Regulation Units Run Out Today?
You Can’t Get What You Want…
…THIS Gets in the Way
I’m assuming you don’t sell for a living, so I’m going to use a different context to let you see how this works.
Instead of putting you in my salesman role, simply ask yourself these two questions:
Why don’t you get as much accomplished as you think you can?
Why won’t that change until you make one or two tweaks in your life?
The Day Starts at “Full”
You and I generally begin our day with close to a “full tank” of Self Regulation “Units” (SRU’s).
The SRU’s allow you and I to control our behavior so that we can focus on and attain our desires.
Each time we exercise/utilize “Self Control,” we use up SRU’s. Yes, you only have so much Self Control you can use each day, and, yes, it is renewable, though not always to the full tank.
So, perhaps you wake up with 100 SRU’s.
The kids are acting like idiots this morning and, instead of killing them, you decide to sustain your wrath and allow them to live. That cost you 5 regulation units.
You’re down to 95.
The spouse said something incredibly stupid and you chose not to point out their temporary low IQ and social skills. That took 8 Self Regulation Units. Why? Because it took a LOT MORE restraint to not lay it on the line with someone over 21 than someone under 13.
Now it’s almost time to head to the office, and you are down to 88 SRU’s. 12 down and you haven’t gotten out the door yet.
You’ve been reading some “Self Help” books lately and you really want to make some life changes. Lots of new goals and even a handy dandy time management planner.
Where Do You Find Real Self-Help?
Unfortunately, people don’t know the myriad of reasons why they fail and the “self help” books often make it all sound so easy. In fact, people religiously can adhere to the prescriptions in the books and typically have absolutely nothing positive come for their efforts. And, certainly, that is typically true over the long term.
Life CAN BE a lot easier than it currently is, but only if you can understand what is really at work.
The concept of SRU’s can be really crucial to success and failure. Most people who succeed have only a HINT as to WHY they “got lucky.” Or worse, they mis-attribute the causes of success, and then you go modeling them and nothing works…
…you were down to 88.
A good night’s sleep will reset you back to close to 100 tomorrow, but every time you have to exercise self restraint or intentionally control your behavior, you use up SRU’s…today.
As soon as you use your daily supply, you are out.
How fast/slowly can 88 units run out? And THEN what happens?
The drive to work – you get cut off. (No units used up.)
It happens again, but this time, you choose not to have road rage and honk the horn and scream. (4 units used up.)
You look at the doughnuts you bought at Dunkin Donuts. (No units used up) You could eat them (No units used up) You decide to be healthier and not eat them. (6 units out the door.)
Going, Going, Gone?
Now you get to the office and throw the donuts into the trash on the way in (5 more units)
You get to the desk and there is an envelope indicating you have to fire someone. (No self regulation units used up) You fire the person. (No self regulation units used up) You control and compose your Self…choosing carefully to NOT yell at YOUR boss who made you do the firing and you are disgusted with her request to the point where you could smack her a good one. (10 Self Regulation units used up)
Customers call with complaints this morning and you stay cool under the gun several times before noon, not saying what you really think at any point…keeping your thoughts inside of your brain and out of your mouth. (19 units evaporate.)
Lunch comes and everyone is heading to the nice restaurant across the street. Drinks all around and you refuse the alcohol so you can keep your tongue and maintain control today. You see the fantastically tasty food options, refuse them all, opting for salad and an Iced Tea. (14 units used)
Your co-workers rib you for your prudish choices and you choose not to return the volley(s). (4 units used up)
You get back to work and open the mail on the desk. You see that the IRS has chosen to audit you (zero units used up). You have done nothing wrong, but they want $30,000 in extra taxes for some mumbo jumbo reason (still zero units used up). You are angry (still zero units used up). You throw the letter and all the mail against the wall. (zero) Your rage at this ongoing injustice grows and you choose not to call them and tell them to go jump and stay jumped. (12 units)
You open the desk drawer and grab a stash of M and M’s and munch away. (0 units used and in fact you get 2 bonus units returned!) An employee comes in whining that they need the rest of the day off to go take care of sick children at home. You roll your eyes, think of how unnecessary this is, but choose not to tell him off (6 units) and send him on his way.
The rest of the day is engaged in open, straightforward debate over corporate policy. (Zero units used)
The drive home is uneventful.
You are exhausted and get home, and people expect you to cook. Instead of telling people to cook for themselves you decide to just let it slide and start cooking (5 units used)
The spouse returns from their day and they are in a good mood (zero units) and it drives you nuts that their day was good and yours was bad (zero units) but you choose not to complain about your day or point out how wimpy their job is. (5 units used)
SRU Count? … When are you at your worst?
Everyone sits down for dinner and the kids start spouting off about how they are sick of their teachers and the new school rules relating to dress and behavior.
You cut like a knife into the conversation in a voice louder than is necessary:
“In the real world you’ll be praying for days like that. BIG DEAL. Grow up! Now shut the he*.. up and pass the damn vegetables.”
The place goes silent.
You are an obvious psychopath…mentally disturbed….deranged…and when you pull out the Self Help books or whatever…there are no more Self Regulation Units available for your behavior.
You eat like a horse, you down food that tastes good, you slam the door. You have no control of your behaviors. You simply do what you feel like doing and it actually “feels cathartic” to do so.
No one wants to talk to you and you don’t care. You just want peace.
The idea of DOING anything other than watch a TV show is laughable. There will be no self improvement. You want to have a drink, “relax” and just let it all hang out.
Work on a part time business from home?! Not a chance. You’ve had it.
Tomorrow you will pick up the pieces.
But…until then it’s popcorn and beer, baby.
Fixing the Problem
For today, know that one change will help enormously. The amount of SRU’s you get every day is not absolutely fixed, but it is not easy to change the size of the gas tank on your car.
Therefore, for now, accomplish all the projects that will give you the future you want, FIRST each day. Because you will not have the juice to fight an empty gas tank for long.
That said, this doesn’t mean you have to be a “day person” instead of a “night person.” One great advantage of being a night owl is the ability to get stuff done BECAUSE no one else is around to email you, to ask you for favors, to go to the doctor, to interact. You get a chance to get things done without the distractions and disturbances of the day.
If the work you are doing at night is creative and fun, fascinating and exciting, it requires NO SRU’s. But building a website, writing a program, unless fun, are best done at the crack of dawn or long before lunch!
Each sales call I had was an Interaction of TWO PEOPLE’S Self Regulation Units. Imagine me trying to sell the lady at the table in the scenario above. She’d have had my head on a platter.
You don’t want to try to be persuasive when someone is LOW on Self Regulation Units. Two factors occur.
- You are at your worst as far as presenting your “best self.”
- You are sitting opposite or on the phone with someone who is at her worst.
When is “No” Really NO?
With only a couple of exceptions as the day goes on, your Self Regulations are drained hour by hour and as they are lowered or when they are gone, so is your emotional intelligence. The answer, more often than not, will simply be “NO!”
You want to communicate with someone when they are HIGH in Self Regulation Units. The more units they have to deal with you and your presentation, suggestion or idea, the better chance you have of them hearing “yes.”
Retrospectively, this fits years of sales and fundraising experience. It fits hundreds of thousands of tracked phone calls, fundraising presentations and sales requests by several hundred different people.
I mentioned anomalies. Late morning sales tended to be mediocre. Sales calls at my 2:00 slot selling advertising were very profitable. Friday nights for telemarketing for timesharing and coupon books was very profitable on a call answered basis.
Another thing to throw into the mix?
Roy Baumeister is a brilliant Research/Social Psychologist who has edited and written several books. His book Will Power is a gift and you should read it and buy a copy for everyone you know.
Baumeister may have the answers for a couple of the anomalies I’ve mentioned. In his book, he discusses the importance of blood glucose levels to Self Regulation.
In one study, Baumeister reports on several judges who determine whether prisoners will be paroled. Baumeister tells us that those prisoners seeking parole in the morning were *much* more likely to be paroled than those who had their time in front of the judges in the afternoon.
Baumeister noted an exception. Judges tended to issue larger numbers of paroles after an afternoon break.
What was happening?
Baumeister, through various experiments, discovered that when blood sugar levels dropped, so did Self Regulation. When Blood sugar levels were high, so was Self Regulation.
And, as we have observed from my experiences in sales and fundraising, morning sales calls were far, far more likely to close than those in-person calls made in the afternoon.
The M & M Assist
Although Baumeister obviously discourages sugared drinks and M & M’s, it appears that they are a significant aid in Self Regulation, as was discovered in his studies.
This would help explain why the afternoon calls in person and on the phone across several businesses were typically doing poorly, compared to other time slots.
After dinner, people’s blood sugar levels were more in line with efficient Self Regulation.
You might be thinking, “But don’t I want to see someone when their self discipline is low, so they are more likely to buy from me?”
There are SOME things that people buy and do that are more likely to occur when Self Regulation is low.
They are more likely to break their diet.
They are more likely to grab a cigarette.
They are more likely to throw caution to the wind.
But, in general, they are much more reactant and that means “NO!” to your wonderful products and services. They do not want to listen to you when they are out of SRU’s. They want ice cream.
But this still doesn’t explain why Monday was far and away the best sales day in the week for all businesses. It doesn’t explain why Friday was the worst EXCEPT Friday night for telemarketing.
With the benefit of hindsight, a lot of research and mental modeling, I believe I have an answer.
People think in terms of time periods.
The “week” could just as easily be 10 days as opposed to the 7 established in the Bible. But aside from the Biblical edict of the week to rest on Saturday and work the other 6 days, there is no scientific reason to have a week be 7 days in length.
The month is a bit more understandable. The moon goes through it’s cycle every four weeks making that a sort of natural marker of time. And the moon and it’s cycle do matter as far as tides are concerned. There are physical changes in our environment because of the moon.
The year is easy enough. There are seasons at most latitudes on earth and that pretty much gives a life cycle to a number of life forms.
Time markers are both psychological and “real,” in nature.
What day influences most?
In the United States, most people who work do so Monday through Friday. They “take the weekend off.” The hours they work in the course of the day probably come close to 8 – 5, unless they are in retail, of course.
More people die on Monday morning than any other day in the week. People, like comic strip favorite Garfield, tend to “hate Mondays.” They are more likely to take Monday off than any other day in the week.
But, their body is coming off of perhaps two days of rest. They have rejuvenated their Self Regulation Units back to 100. I believe that Monday morning, for most people, is the time when people are at their maximum number of Self Regulation Units in the course of a week.
I also believe this is true for the first day of a month.
For years, stock traders have known that if you buy the close of the last trading day of the month and sell the close of the first trading day of the month, you are going to make a lot of money over the long run.
Predict Simply Using Time
The point is that time frames are not only important, but because they are so cultural, we can predict how people will respond and when people will respond favorably to whatever it is you sell.
If you own a bar and want people to drink a lot, Monday Morning is when people have the most Self Regulation Units and Friday before lunch is probably the lowest level. If you own a bar, there is no point to being open Monday Morning.
I believe you wake up Monday Morning with (a hypothetical) 100 SRU’s. I believe you wake up Tuesday with 95. I believe you wake up Wednesday with 90, Thursday with 80, Friday with 50. And I believe Friday at about 5 PM, your SRU’s take a brief spike UP to 40 or 50 where most days around 5 PM you’re probably closer to 10 or 15, if that. I believe this is because people are excited and invigorated that the weekend is coming (TGIF).
Wasn’t it Loverboy who sang, “Everybody’s working for the weekend. Everybody wants a little romance.”
Now just because Loverboy associated the weekend with romance doesn’t make it true, but that is a pretty powerful message to a brain that has been self deregulated for five days.
Remember the song, “School’s Out” by Alice Cooper? Whether you liked him or not, you LOVED that song. That last day of school was euphoric, as I recall… So that Friday night bump in sales that we had telemarketing is likely part of that kind of euphoria that briefly rejuvenates 40 points of Self Regulation ever so briefly…until it is time to go out, and then you have permission to eradicate ALL Self Regulation Units.
And you want to sell the person when they are out of SRU’s life insurance? A car? A dog? A time share?
Of course not.
If you or what you have to sell, promote or suggest is not impulsively something the person resists which causes Self Regulation to drain, you probably don’t want to try to sell it when the person is out of SRU’s.
When to Sell
Eventually all companies I worked with experienced almost identical experiences. Thus we were able to make changes.
For example, setting appointments on Friday when a person has 10 SRU’s left is GOOD STRATEGY.
Asking to SEE someone on Friday for an appointment is generally fiscal suicide. Setting your best appointments, those that have the greatest reward and the greatest loss if you lose them, should go Monday Morning but not at 11:15. If you can’t get early morning, you shoot for Tuesday morning. If that doesn’t work, you go for Monday 2:00 but no later. Next would be Wednesday morning.
If you want to ask the girl out, you want to think about how she will perceive your offer. Be honest with yourself: Are you the candy in the checkout line? Ask her late at night.
Are you the “iffy” guy? Catch her early in the week and early in the day.
Understanding who you are in the mind of the person you’re asking to see is obviously more important than any “line” you could say in the proposal or suggestion.
and Web Wealth
9+ Week E-Course
with Kevin Hogan, Psy.D.
Next Course begins April 5, 2012 – Pre-register and save!
“Will YOU be the next person to do “six figures” annually on the Internet?”
Before we begin, go to Google and real quick search for:
- Body Language Expert
- How to Read Minds
- Reading Body Language
- Communication Exercise
- Covert Persuasion
- Millionaire Mind
And in each case, if you click through, you’ll notice at least one return on page one for these phrases.
I tell this because it’s crucial to my business model…being on page one of Google for what *you* choose.
When you want to make money online… you either:
a) pay a lot of money to get people to hear about you or
b) you cause the search engines to bring people to you by the hand.
We could search for two dozen other phrases, but you get the point. (Sometimes appearing 3 or 4 times on the same front page!)
Using the same strategies and techniques we’ve used to make a ZERO investment turn into *seven* digits…I’m thinking, you can do the same or at least half or a third or a quarter of that…
A few people have taken what I’ve done and turned it into EIGHT digits annually…THAT requires a significant amount of work, and maybe even some luck. So let’s stick with more attainable outcomes, at least for now.
This E-Course includes a detailed step by step systematic approach to these kinds of results, so you can SEE HOW to do what you need to do… The delivery of this course is almost all on your computer and it includes video and audio files (lots and lots of both), and written material along with complete access to me for mentoring and coaching.
Because Online Marketing of a new or existing “business” is evolving rapidly, we have dramatically updated and upgraded the course for this time around.
It is quite …excellent.
What helps most is that unlike a barrage of home study programs, with our team, you can ask questions that are important to you and your efforts 24/7. And for two solid months as we progress step by step, day by day.
You have a MENTOR. (Actually a few this go ’round!)
You have me at your email pleasure for as many hours as I’m awake. That’s most hours….I will answer EVERY question in copious detail so you have 100% understanding.
Question: What is the value of a 9+ week course if it brings in $100,000 in say 2013?
Well, I’ll tell you what it’s worth to me.
When your website(s) NET revenues total $100,000, that’s when you pay 2/3 of the course tuition. Less than 1/3 of your tuition is paid in advance.
Some people sell you an Internet Marketing package for say, $5,000.
A bunch of DVD’s or CD’s and a manual and that’s cool but will you REALLY do IT???!?!?!
Research says NO. Research says…the probability approaches zero.
You won’t fail because you won’t start.
So I’ve once again made use of this schedule for tuition.
Fair? I’ll be back to tuition shortly.
The System you are going to learn is unlike anything you’ve seen or heard of before.
Building wealth on the web requires doing a number of simple things right. It requires doing a few more complicated things fairly well and it requires being able to master ONE of about 20 different marketing tools. That’s it…one.
Most Internet Marketers will tell you WHAT you need to know. I will show you HOW to do it and WHY.
Everything you learn in this experience is 100% for your business.
Your total knowledge of the web/internet/media today doesn’t have to even hit the radar. We walk you through everything, step by step.
For example: If I tell you that you are going to use video on your website….I’ll SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT in such a way that it works FAST and EASY. I won’t just say, “Oh, video on the website is really helpful…”
I’ll show you how to get video on your website for the world to see. (It’s not 1/10 as hard as you think it might be.)
BECAUSE I HAVE A VERY LIMITED SCOPE OF COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE YOU LEARN ALL “THE SHORTCUTS” I’ve learned to do things quickly and efficiently.
Here are just some of the 100 Keypoints reflecting what you will learn:
Note: There is no mandatory schedule you need to follow – you create your own schedule to follow for the duration of the course (although you WILL have Kevin at your disposal to ask questions via email 24-7).
1) How to get a web name in 2 minutes. (like kevinhogan.net)
2) How to start a website and have it UP in 55 minutes.
3) How to post the website to the Internet in 10 minutes.
4) How to get people to come to the website within 4 HOURS.
5) How to get the biggest search engines (google, yahoo, msn, aol) to direct people to you instead of your competitor, for free. (within 2 days)
6) Exactly WHAT you need on your website to make your website popular. (Within days.)
7) How to make those search engines fall in love with you and send more and more traffic your way. We’ve gotten EVERY participant in past courses, ON GOOGLE within a few days.
8) Specific things you can do with nothing more than typing a letter that will make the search engines think your site is important enough to push you onto the first page at google, yahoo and msn. Within 7-14 days.
9) How to KNOW what to sell on your website(s). Whether to start a Coffee Table Business or use the Internet to make your current business thrive.
10) Choosing products and services to sell.
“Kevin’s Internet Marketing and Web Wealth E-Course was excellent. He gave us LOADS of stuff to learn, and he also personally answered every single question I could throw at him. So now I have all the knowledge needed to successfully market ANY product. There’s no need to guess or wonder what some other guru knows that I don’t know because he gave us everything that actually works!” Jason Lowe, New Zealand
11) How to make a relatively nice stream of you know what, without having to create a product or service yourself!
12) How to get other people to help you build your empire as quickly as possible. And not just how but your team will indeed do this with you as you will help them do the same thing.
13) How to create a sales force of people to tell the world about you…
14) How to WRITE the copy (advertisements) that will sell the products and services you will offer.
15) How to know what to write.
16) Learn all the wrong ways to write that will cause any site to go broke.
17) Learn the EXACT WORDS and PHRASES that the pros use to sell outlandish amounts of dollars every year.
18) How to appeal to a very specific audience so your message doesn’t have to be wasted on people not interested in what you are selling.
19) Learn the art and science of copywriting.
20) Find out what sizes of print and what FONTS and COLORS of type make the most money the fastest.
21) Learn how to test in just a few DAYS what is working for YOU and change QUICKLY so there are NO WASTED DAYS in building your business.
22) Learn to do the things that sound complicated that can be SUPER EASY….like picking the metatags and keywords for your website.
23) How to know what words to choose as your “metatags” so that google knows what you would LIKE your webpages to be known for.
24) How to display your metatags and keywords so that the search engines trust you.
25) Search engines don’t read like people. If I want to promote myself as a body language expert, my metatags and keywords might have to read “EXPERT BODY LANGUAGE” and not, “BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT.” I’ll show you how to figure this out in SECONDS.
“Kevin, I want to thank you for your Internet Marketing E-Course, as I was able to write a book (me! I wrote a book!) with the information you gave. I was a bit of a silent partner as I didn’t talk, email or respond with the group much, but I have learned a great deal and this course has been invaluable to me and my business. Thank you!” Betty Eastman, LCSW bettyeastmanlcsw.com
26) Find out how to get other people to help you build your business…even your competitors. (REALLY) So all that you do every day…it’s all done so you are in total control of your own income.
27) How to get people to buy products you release today….today…yes…you make it, produce it and release it today…and it sells TODAY and it sells A LOT.
28) How to write an ad for that product that will actually work. (If you have written an ad before and discovered it failed miserably you know that almost ALL ads fail.)
29) How to develop LOYAL customers.
30) There is NOTHING more important in web marketing than using email or better, an “E-zine.” I’ll show you how to write your own Coffee with Kevin Hogan and have people CRAVING IT every week.
31) I’ll show you the biggest risk I ever took in Internet Marketing. It has to do with Coffee with Kevin Hogan and it paid off like the lottery. NO ONE ELSE does this who has an e-zine. I’ll show you what it is and how I did it.
32) I’ll show you how, step by step to get your e-zine DELIVERED into the email boxes around the world so it isn’t filtered as spam.
33) I’ll show you step by step how to develop LOYAL readers where everyone else just has their ezine read rarely and often by accident.
34) You’ll learn whether or not you should promote specific products and services through your ezine when you are approached.
35) People talk about their “lists” of one million people. Let me tell you that number means diddly. If you are on a LIST you are NEXT IN LINE at the hotel. I have READERS. People who want to read Coffee as much as they want to read Cosmo, Maxim or The Wall Street Journal. The difference between a LIST and YOUR READERS is ENORMOUS. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to have people KNOW they are important to you.
“Kevin, the Internet Marketing Course was great! I highly recommend Kevin Hogan’s web marketing and Internet E-Course to anyone who is serious about learning and implementing the nuts and bolts of having a profitable online business. Hogan without a doubt over-delivers on the information he provides. This course was well worth the price and way more. Again, if you are looking to learn and grow your Internet business, this course is for you. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, I highly recommend it.” Michael Roth, DC, www.rothwellnesscenter.com
36) I’ll show you how to develop a relationship with your readers, no matter how many your have…so that when you take a week off and your E-zine doesn’t show up in their mailbox, they are screaming at you and telling you they miss you!!!
37) You’ll learn EXACTLY the formula I have discovered for success using an E-zine in conjunction with your work.
38) I’ll show you how to get articles for your E-zine if you can’t write them all yourself. (Free articles that are surprisingly good.)
39) I’ll show you how to get the biggest names in your field to contribute articles to your fledgling E-zine.
40) FACT: The E-zine is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE of the Web Wealth puzzle. I’ll show you why and how to make sure nothing ever goes wrong.
41) I ‘ll show you EVERY secret I have learned about Ezine’s that will make you a LOT of money.
42) I will walk you through STEP BY STEP how I write Coffee with Kevin Hogan every week. Not so it’s the fastest, or easiest but so it’s the BEST.
43) How many OTHER Ezine’s do you read other than Coffee with Kevin Hogan? I get hundreds in my mail box every week. I read 7. That’s it. I’ll show you those seven and why I like them and why they are as profitable or MORE PROFITABLE than Coffee. Almost all Ezine’s are TERRIBLE. 99% is not a big enough number. People do NOT GET WHAT AN EZINE NEEDS TO DO. You will.
44) You will find out how to decide whether you should have a full color ezine or a simple text ezine. There is an EASY ANSWER for YOU and there are only THREE VARIABLES. But if you make the wrong decision, you go broke.
45) I’ll show you how to write a SUBJECT LINE. NOTHING IN YOUR ENTIRE BUSINESS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EZINE each week. Not your product quality, not your website, not YOU, NOTHING. I will show you successful subject lines and then I’ll grab subject lines from my email box and show you what other people are doing that is wasting their time and their life.
46) I’ll show you how to make extra money once per month in your e-zine with an idea very few have ever thought of.
47) I’ll show you how to get your first 5,000 READERS as quickly as possible and compare them with the first 100,000 people on anyone else’s list and show you why YOU WILL MAKE FAR MORE MONEY.
48) I’ll show you REAL SECRETS that will help you use your EZINE to boost web traffic to your website that NO ONE ELSE IS DOING RIGHT NOW. (They will be after they take the course.)
49) I’ll show you what NOT TO PUT IN YOUR EZINE so you save yourself legal problems.
50) I’ll show you what is necessary to make your ezine 100% legal. (and pretty soon legislation will pass that will put most ezine’s out of business)
51) I will show you benefits and drawbacks of software programs that can help your business….or not. (Including email programs, linking programs, website enhancement programs, etc.)
52) I’ll tell you THREE PIECES OF SOFTWARE YOU NEED TO GET RICH.
53) I’ll tell you the secret of WHY I still have an AOL account and use it A LOT in my business…and how much money it makes me because of it.
54) I’ll show you how to make your website an EXTENSION OF YOU. I will step by step take you through a process that will make YOU a celebrity and your website almost a part of your persona.
55) I’ll show you how your website should read and look so they feel you are there with them when they are at your site.
56) I’ll show you how to make money….a lot of it…while you sleep…for real…
57) I’ll show you how to take credit cards….without spending thousands!
58) I’ll show you how to determine WHICH company to use and WHY.
59) I’ll show you how to select a company to host your store (if you are going to have one).
60) I’ll show you why I took the time and started FIVE blogs. (I don’t even LIKE THEM…but you need to have them…and I’ll show you how to do it all for free and make money on the process!)
61) What do the Kardashians do to stay on top of Celebrity Ratings every week? I’ll show you and show you hot to do it…for you.
62) I’ll show you how I know before ANYONE what is going to be hot this year in web and internet technology. You will be shocked but almost NO ONE outside of the adult entertainment business knows this secret….and now you will.
63) I will tell you the REAL RESOURCES on the web for making money, who knows there stuff, who is full of hot air and who you need to be watching.
64) I will give you a simple formula to balance time for your family and friends and time for your business. That means giving up profits somewhere ….sometimes… but not forever. This module alone is worth the world to me.
65) I’m going to TAKE YOU BY THE HAND and WALK YOU IN MICROSTEPS to start your INTERNET BUSINESS in less than 72 hours.
66) You will learn how to build a website for less than $90. And it will be profitable FAST.
67) If you aren’t selling yourself (and even if you are) I’m going to show you how to find the top 20 HOTTEST selling products on the ENTIRE WEB and how you can be selling them on DAY ONE you are up and online. (Read that again.)
68) I’m going to show you how you can either partially or FULLY automate your website, depending on the purpose of the site…so you can spend time sleeping, eating and with the kids or your girlfriend.
69) Not everyone can be Page #1 at google, but I’ll show you how I got there for a lot of keywords and how important it is that you do what I tell you so YOU ARE TOO!
70) You’ll learn how to get THOUSANDS of QUALIFIED visitors to your site for FREE.
There are so many people like you and me that are making a fortune on the web. Most people I know on the web make far more than a neurosurgeon and our incomes make pilots and some sports stars blush.
71) You can be ON THE BEACH and making money under the cabana or umbrella.
72) You can do what needs to be done daily from ANYWHERE on this planet and occasionally on the airplane! You have a business without rent, walls or doors.
73) You will learn how to make “digital” products and “ebooks” so fast it will make your head swim (in dollars or euro’s).
74) I’ll show you how to write a GOOD EBOOK in a FEW WEEKS. Not some piece of junk as 96% are…but a GOOD EBOOK that is VALUABLE to your customer…and that they will happily pay $47 for….and you have ZERO COST.
75) I’ll show you how to create hard products for sale in less than a month. (Sorry, no BS here. I could show you a bunch of junky ways to get stuff done in two weeks at first but let’s do it right!)
“I recently took your Internet Marketing Course and I was ‘blown away’ by the content and quality of the course. It exceeded my wildest expectations. I was more than pleased. I have recommended your course to many business associates and would encourage anyone who wants to ‘master’ the Internet to take your course. I am still amazed at the content and deliverables you provided! Job well done!” Steven Chambers, stevechambers.com
76) I’ll show you how to sell OTHER people’s products and services and not have to ship anything…not take a credit card…and have no customer service and still get paid HALF of the sale!!!!….
77) I have pages on my website that people stay for 4,5, and 6 MINUTES. This is unheard of on the internet. The longer people stay, the more likely they are to buy. I will show you ALL of my secrets!
78) I’ll show you how to build your opt in list of subscribers without having ANY traffic to your website at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
79) Think you can’t make sales? I’ll show you the best technique on the planet, especially when you are NEW with the product or new in business.
80) I’ll show you the facts behind whether you should take Pay Pal and other forms of money transfer. I’ll tell you the costs, risks and rewards involved!
81) Should you offer a money guarantee? Sometimes YES and sometimes NO. I’ll show you EXACTLY how to know WHEN to do WHICH.
82) You’ll learn how to advertise your business for free…in hundreds and THOUSANDS of places on the web.
83) I’ll show you how to take advantage of amazon.com’s amazing ranking on google to help build YOUR business.
84) You’ll learn how to talk to the best affiliates in the world and convince them to sell YOUR products.
85) Want to know how to use Google AdSense and Google Ad Words? These hot commodities can make you or break the bank. I’ll show you what to do and HOW.
86) I will show you EXACTLY how to outsource to get people to work for you so you don’t have to. YOU DON’T HAVE TO KNOW IT ALL!!! (or do it all either!)
87) Increase your profits by leveraging the work of others in emerging countries like Romania.
88) Learn how to make the most possible money with what you have by EASY testing and tracking.
89) Learn how to use SIMPLE email strategies to put a system of income generation on literal automatic pilot. (LITERAL)
90) Email marketing isn’t just an E-zine. There’s more that can be done to turn big profits!
91) I will show you how to CONVERT visitors INTO CUSTOMERS. This is the crucial step in Internet marketing that no one talks about, because it’s the most difficult. I’ll show you how!
92) Learn the key strategies to get FREE traffic. I had almost 1000 people become Coffee with Kevin Hogan readers LAST WEEK. Not people on a list…we filtered OUT almost 9,000 people! NO. I’m talking READERS. You need to learn how to do this.
93) Learn the lead generation strategies of the pros!
94) Linking has NEVER been more important than NOW. 10 links from your friends aren’t likely to be anywhere near as valuable as ONE LINK from kevinhogan.com. You need to know WHO to link to. I’ll show you how to find out and WHAT TO DO TO GET THOSE CRUCIAL LINKS.
95) I’ll show you how to dominate the search engines. I’ll take you through step by step the FREE process I use to get my #1 or in some cases top ten rankings at Google!
96) I’m not going to say you need a marketing empire. but if you want it, I’ll show you how to do it!
97) Pay Per Click is growing FAST on Facebook and it’s bigger than Google. MUCH BIGGER. I’ll show you what to do and how NOT to get ripped off for everything including your shirt.
98) Learn how to advertise with the web and OTHER PEOPLE’S EMAIL….yes…for free and better than that: PROFITABLY.
99) Learn in such a way that IS EASY, NONTECHNICAL, NOTHING COMPLICATED IN ANY WAY. I EXPLAIN EVERYTHING which means it’s got to be SIMPLE.
100) Ask any question at any time during the 9-week course…and you WILL have your answers!
“The most remarkable thing about doing Kevin Hogan’s Internet Marketing Course was one week after we started, I had a website up and running! This is not the usual type of course where you receive all the subject matter and it sits on your shelf until you find the time for it, oh, no! Kevin is involved. Every day he send you emails with attachments. He takes you step by step through the process, especially in the beginning when you really need it. It’s in your best interest to keep up with the group, and whatever questions you have, he answers them all. You will receive absolutely everything you need to know about the Internet. Something else that would never have happened without Kevin, is that my website was spidered by Google 4 days after it was published, and Google still comes by every 3 or 4 days like clockwork. A month later, my site had a page ranking of three. For a newcomer going it alone, this is unheard of. The course was worth every penny. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in setting up an Internet company, big or small.” Sharon Dell, Durban, South Africa
Apply below NOW or continue reading….
Every day I look at beautiful websites designed by creative geniuses that do absolutely nothing in net profits. (notice that word “NET”)
And I see websites that I can instantly tell you are making money. They look like they were designed by one of my kids….which is one of the ways you know….they will do well.
There are lots of great books and DVD’s and CD’s about making money on the internet and to date I have yet to see a comprehensive package.
There are lots of programs that show you how to build a website. (This is no longer complicated. I’ll show you how to build a website by typing as if you were typing any other document on your computer.)
Problem is having a website does you nothing if you have nothing to sell…or if you don’t know how to write in such a way that it compels your reader to trust you and buy from you….or if you don’t know how to GET PEOPLE TO YOUR WEBSITE…or if you ….get the idea?
There are lots of programs that address any part of the factors in building wealth on the web. I own a bunch and I’ve learned a lot over the years. But NO ONE has put together the COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM.
And of course when my mentor says, “Kevin, you need to put an E-Course out there that shows people how to do EVERYTHING involved in making a successful web business. Not just one aspect….and it has to be simple, fast and really work.”
And even I felt overwhelmed…. and it takes a lot to get me overwhelmed.
I mean that’s like saying, “Show people how to build a city, make it easy, simple, something that will generate more participants in the future from viral marketing and that will not take every second of your life….”
But because all of this is fun and there is actually no part of making money on the web that can’t be done by literally anyone with a 5th grade education…then it should be relatively do-able….
And it turned out it was.
If you think of a sport like football, basketball or baseball….you know that if you take out any one player…and play one man short….you are going to get creamed.
And that’s ultimately what web marketing comes down to.
There are lots of nuances that the experts and internet marketing scientists figure out and I LOVE to learn that stuff. BUT the fact is that the big pieces of the pie are far more important than the nuances in this game.
In fact, you can be an expert at say, getting traffic to your site…but if you have stuff that no one will look at for whatever reason…you make zero dollars. I don’t care if you can double that traffic. It doesn’t matter.
You MUST have ALL the pieces in place before you even CONSIDER working on the nuances.
As I look back at what I’ve accomplished on the Web, I know that it wasn’t the awesome website or the beautifully packaged program or the powerful search engine optimization (and yes, you want to evolve beyond basics) BUT it was having ALL the pieces in place… all the pieces of the puzzle operating competently that caused millions of dollars of business.
Everyday I learn something new but those things alone would never have gotten me where I am.
That required putting together a SYSTEM. And people need systems.
In this program I’ll take you to my original website. It wasn’t KevinHogan DOT com back in those days.
I’m going to show you exactly why good things happened. THE SYSTEM was in place. The technology was terrible, the design was not impressive, the programs had inexpensive designs.
THE SYSTEM was in place.
And what I’ve done is modeled what I’ve done and put it out there for you.
I’ve helped a number of other people put their business into the system. They seem to have done alright. Many have far outperformed what I’ve done. (Not even a question actually….)
I want you to LEARN THE SYSTEM.
THEN go and learn all the nuances and stay current in what is working in copywriting, promotional content, search engine optimization nuances.
THE SYSTEM: If you work the system it’s likely you will do six figures annually. How many of those six figures you do is up to you.
Unlike what some people tell you, it does take effort. In fact, anyone who says it doesn’t is kidding you. (There’s other ways to say this and be less polite…)
Effort IS required because it is a competitive arena.
BUT, I’ve never met ANYONE with basic education and knowledge that couldn’t do this easily.
I’m literally going to walk you through step by step as to what to do.
If you have taken my course on Professional Speaking or How to Write, Publish and Sell Your Book, you know that this is where my work may be more helpful than anyone’s out there.
I don’t leave out important steps and make you buy that product later. (Not that anyone would do such a thing…)
You’re going to learn it all and learn how to do it the only real way it’s going to predictably work.
And, just like one sentence in a contract as a speaker for a convention can cost or earn you an extra $20,000..and just like a similar sentence in a book contract is almost guaranteed to cost you at least $15,000 in royalties…I’m going to show you all the crucial elements of making the Internet work for you.
The only time I will get into nuances is when they are SIGNIFICANT to your SUCCESS.
THEN you will plod with me through some lengthier projects. Like writing copy. (An ad.)
Writing an ad is something that doesn’t come intuitively. Perhaps 1 in 10,000 people in business can actually write an ad. Perhaps 1 in 100 people in advertising can write an ad.
I’m going to show you how to write an ad…what is known as a “Sales Letter.”
I’m going to show you how to write a PROFITABLE ad.
And I’ll show you a dozen or so ways to spot an ad that won’t work.
And I’ve got plenty in my archives of things I tried and failed back in the late 1990’s.
Everyone has a learning curve. I learn fast but boy learning can be painful.
My role here is to take the five or ten years of learning pain and reduce it down into two months.
EVERYONE who learns how to make real money in business of any kind either suffers pain over the long term or if they are very lucky…only during the learning period. For you, we will move FAST.
I’m going to show you WHAT to put on your website.
I’m going to show you HOW to put it on your website.
I’m going to show you EXACTLY how to KNOW if it’s working or not.
There are no, “I wonder what I should do’s” in this course.
You are going to tell me up front if you have something specific you want to make money with. Maybe promoting yourself, your practice, your services or your products.
Or, if you want to sell other people’s stuff….
THEN we’re going to put together THE PLAN.
It takes about 4 hours to do this. IT IS WORK. IF you won’t do this, do NOT sign up for this course. Spare me the irritation.
I will make suggested alterations in your plan. Then it will be in stone (for awhile).
Then…forgive me, but I’m going to TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, and you need to listen. (OUCH)
If that scares you….thank goodness…you are a normal human being. It took me a LONG TIME to just listen to my mentor.
“Kevin, you are going to design the most comprehensive E-Course on Professional Speaking out there.”
“You gotta be kidding?”
And then I did it. Period. There’s no time to dink around. Time is money. Time is love. To waste or abuse time is not in my nature. It won’t be in yours either.
“As a complete self-confessed Internet amateur I started the Internet Marketing & Wealth Building Course both excited and challenged. Well, all my expectations were surpassed and then some. The information and knowledge has allowed me to feel and be ahead of the game when it comes to working via the web for business and wealth creation. Kevin was more than just a mentor, he was my motivator and friend. Throughout the course, Kevin was always ready and available to help and assist. His material invites you the student to create and explore wherever you are in business so that you achieve and go beyond yourself. Kevin has been the invisible force and drive which moved me to take action TODAY!” David Power, Clinical Hypnotherapist, London
And that is the great thing about building wealth on the web.
It’s all done from home.
It’s all done so you see your kids in the morning and when they come home from school. Commuting costs are whatever it costs you to get out of bed in the morning …to the computer…The weather doesn’t matter because your business is International. Doesn’t matter if the car doesn’t start or if you get fired from your job.
In fact, one of the things I’ve done very nicely with is understanding the people of the world and developing relationships internationally…both in person and on the web.
These relationships are mutually profitable. I have an affiliate (an affiliate is someone who sends me customers and I pay him to do so) in Romania. The funny thing is that even though he’s in Romania, most of the business he sends my way is from here in the United States.
That’s what makes the web cool. Someone can make M in Romania by having someone click on a link on his website and buying a program at mine. That kind of capitalism continues to change the world.
There are no borders. Your world doesn’t know prejudice.
It’s pretty nice for people to wait until you put out your next program and then when they do, they swoosh down and get it because they know it’s going to be even better than what you did before.
I’m grateful and appreciative, and so are they.
Hey go look at a website…any website that sells stuff.
Look for a testimonial that is signed “Cindy W.” or “John L.”
They aren’t real. I mean….Cindy W. doesn’t exist. Neither does John.
It’s a sad statement that the person can’t even get a friend to say something nice about their services. That’s not going to ever happen with you. And yes, I’ll show you precisely how