See, Believe, Begin, Continue, Finish
The vast majority of people see what others give them to see. The vast majority of people believe what someone told them to believe. I’ve looked at life and this experience we are all sharing. I believe that you must SEE first then assume (if possible) that what you SEE is possible to achieve. Then we must overcome procrastination and take action. Never give up and see it through until you have achieved your result, changing lanes, cars, planes as often as necessary to get there. Put this up on your refrigerator:
See, Believe, Begin, Continue, Finish
The 10 Keys to Love, Happiness and Fulfillment
- Fear is often an illusion. It’s true we live in trying times. Some people in the world have declared war on the rest of us. But you know what? If you prepare for the worst you can avoid fear because you deserve to LIVE as long as you live. Be afraid of the rattlesnake. Be afraid of the car barreling out at the little kid. But never let fear paralyze you. Usually, fear is an illusion.
- You are the creator of your world. No, you didn’t create the Twin Towers falling to the earth. You didn’t cause the starvation in Afghanistan. You ARE the writer, the author of the life you have been given. Whether you have cancer or a vital body, you can write the rest of the story of your life. Design your destiny daily. Allow your time spent here to be one of intention and purpose. Create change in people’s lives. They are here for the blink of an eye then gone. Create your world and give people the tools to create theirs as well.
- Forgiveness is the seed of peace, love and happiness.Forgive yourself. When you screw up. Forgive yourself. When others harm you, let go of the control they have over you. You don’t and shouldn’t forget, but you should stop letting the guy who cut you off in traffic control your heart beat. He’s gone.
- Design your destiny daily. For a very limited time we have life on this planet, 93,000,000 miles from the star called Sol. What are you going to do today to LIVE your life? Are you moving in some direction? Are you contributing something to this world? What will your legacy be?
- Persist even in times of great adversity. The number one reason for all failure is that people simply quit. They have good goals, good intentions, then quit at the beginning, or in the middle or right before the victory. What are you going to do when things get tough? (And I promise you they WILL get difficult.)
- Two or more in harmony are boundless. Success in love, life, business is something that demands interdependence. You have evolved from ancestors that learned to cooperate with others to reach their highest goals. No one wins a Super Bowl by themselves. Success in the absence of others is very rare. Napoleon Hill coined the term “mastermind.” Surround yourself with people and books and programs that are going to help you grow. Build relationships with people who can help change your life. Eliminate people who drain your energy from your immediate list of contacts. Work in harmony with people toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Miracles dwell in forgiveness, ignite in faith. When you let go of the control others have of you, you increase your chances of personal healing at the physical, emotional, spiritual and mental level. Then allow yourself to believe that you possibly can improve. You can have good days. Miracles do happen.
- Setbacks are stepping stones to achievement. Edison learned thousands of ways light bulbs didn’t work. THEN he figured it out. It is absolutely true that setbacks are stepping stones to achievement. If you don’t fail regularly, you will never succeed, I guarantee it.
- The greatest gift you can give is love. Love is an outward concern and empathy for others. Love is all about caring and showing it in some meaningful way. Love is not an empty thought. Love is an action packed intention that does good for yourself and others.
- Give everyone you meet the gift. Help others in some meaningful way, every day. Love is contagious. People learn by imitation and the virus of love will spread if you will be an active carrier. Give some love every day, in a meaningful way. Smile, nod, lean forward. Show obvious interest in people. They will notice. They will smile. They will FEEL better inside. They will help others feel good and YOU will have been the entire cause.
Kevin Hogan’s 10 Secrets of Success
- Think Big. Thinking big isn’t thinking silly. If you are a couch potato and want to look like Cindy Margolis or Tom Cruise…this month, that’s just funny. Thinking big means to think about the results and outcomes you want that are very reasonable but significantly difficult to achieve. That’s thinking big. What do you want to be? Who do you want to influence? What are you going to do for this world? Who do you want to be? What do you want to have?
- See Your Target. I promise you that you have almost everything in your life that you saw. Life is somewhat random, so the world doesn’t work according to just you or me but people’s current status in the free world is usually the result of the targets they have clearly seen. Look around you. What actions did you take to bring what you see into your life? What would you like to change in the next year? Specifically!?
- Persist Until You Succeed. Never quit. Never. Why would you quit? “This ain’t no dress rehearsal.” John Lennon
- Be Genuinely Curious. The answers are out there. Get them. Your education and your health have no price tag. Without either you have some big problems. Work on educating yourself in the areas of excellence you want to have success in. I own 4,000 books and thousands of video’s and audio programs. I’ve read more than the equivalent of 80 Ph.D.’s. (don’t be impressed, just start collecting your internal Ph.D.’s. Knowledge is the seed of personal mastery and personal power.
- See The Good in Everyone. The vast majority of humanity are good people. What’s good about the people you run into this week?
- Develop a Master Mind. Find people to befriend you, to mentor you and to coach you. You can’t do it (life) alone. Be in contact with people who have gone where you want to go. You become like the people you hang out with. Period.
- Seed Your Mind with Knowledge. Read one book per week. At least. How can you possibly do less? If you are broke, get a library card. There is no excuse for not having the equivalent of a Ph.D. by the end of the year 2002. 52 books is about one Ph.D. What’s your plan to feed your mind?
- Use Self Hypnosis Every Day. Each day put pictures into your mind on purpose. All the stuff that comes in by accident is stress inducing. (Taxes today, the bills, the news…) YOU put some pictures in your mind every day. Put pictures and sounds in your mind that you are focusing on and wanting to acquire!
- Perform Random Acts of Kindness. Help an old lady across the street every day. Do something nice for people. Be customer service oriented every single day! Start a trend of kindness toward others. People learn in a memetic fashion. You be the carrier of the kindness virus.
- Do it Now! People fail and die with their music still in them…every day. Pull the music out now. Today is the only day you really have. What did you give to yourself today? What did you give to the people you love? What did you give the world? Just do it…Now.
These building blocks are the foundation of Kevin Hogan’s book, The Gift. Click below for a full description and chance to order.